WIZARD 09/07/2013 06:49 PM CDT

Didn't know where to post this -- do any of my fellow Ranger's use WIZARD?
I'm coming back from another long sleep. To add insult to injury, I have
a new computer. Can't get the script functions to work. When I try to
record it said error. Tried to make sure it was configured on the right
path and that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Lorwryn
Re: WIZARD 09/07/2013 10:22 PM CDT
>Any suggestions?

Don't use the crappiest FE known to man? I'm sure someone will correct me, but wizard is no long officially supported by Simu, and they want people to stop using it, and migrate to Stormfront.

Seriously. If you're coming back from a long break, upgrade to Stormfront.

Or, honestly, buy Genie3 for the 50$ or whatever, it'll be the best money you EVER spend on DR.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: WIZARD 09/09/2013 12:43 PM CDT
Unfortunately I don't use Wizard (primarily Stormfront user here), so I'm less aware of it's idiosyncrasies.

When you say error, if that all you're seeing or are you getting any other information from the system?

I went in and installed Wizard and tried to record a script (I think that's what you're trying to do), and had no problems on my Windows 7 PC right off the bat. Could you provide more details of what error you might be receiving? This isn't something I could reproduce with my limited (i.e. I spent 60 seconds on it) testing. More detail is better in this instance.

Also you might want to check over in the Simutronics < Wizard Front-End Support forum for users who are more well versed in Wizard. An if there's no help there, you might want to try techhelp@simutronics.com, which is found under the EMAIL verb.

Nikpack
Re: WIZARD 10/11/2013 07:01 PM CDT
I'm a bit late to this party, I know. But I do have ranger chars, and I use Wizard. I have even written, or rewritten, a few quick-and-dirty scripts for travel and training. Some operating systems are a bit less wizard-friendly than others, but it is possible to make them work. What seems to be the problem?

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy