RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 10:27 AM CDT
There's another bug with this.

A hunter's longbow made of copperwood is a SHORT bow type weapon.

So, the hunter longbow is actually considered a short bow, not a longbow.

A hunter's shortbow made of copperwood is a short bow type weapon.

The hunter shortbow is still a short bow.

>compare hunter shortbow with hunter longbow
You are certain that the shortbow is about as balanced as the longbow.
You are certain that the shortbow is about as suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength as the longbow.

Basically, the hunter longbow is identical to the hunter shortbow, and is a longbow in name only. I believe this is a bug.

*Re: Carving Hunter's Bows on 05/10/2013 01:55 PM EDT
*Links-arrows 289
*Reply Reply
*A bug causing all hunter's longbows to become "bows" once finished has been squished.
*All finished bows will now either become "a hunter's longbow made of (material)" or "a hunter's shortbow made of (material)"*
*Enjoy!
*---
*NaOH+HI
RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 11:51 AM CDT
Not a bug, but I appreciate the concern and the post! :) The code surrounding the stats for each bows were not touched from the original, so everything in that regard is working the same way it was in DR2.

With Bows being under the same skill now, the hunter's bows were nearly unified as "hunter's bows made of (material)" but I wanted to leave it open for you all to specify which you preferred to own by starting with one or the other.

---
NaOH+HI
RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 01:01 PM CDT
No, that would be a bug if it is saying the longbow is a short bow type weapon. I know in 3.0 it trains the same thing, but I'd wonder if the RTs are different.

A longbow should read:

A copperwood longbow is a long bow type weapon.
A copperwood longbow trains the bow skill.

Falker
RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 03:49 PM CDT
OK, I don't think you folks understood the first time. Here is the appraisal on a capped HUNTERS LONGBOW made in 3.0, not a standard longbow.

A hunter's longbow made of copperwood is a short bow type weapon.
A hunter's longbow made of copperwood trains the bow skill.

The longbow is extremely well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the longbow is well balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the longbow is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the longbow can be slung over one shoulder.
You are certain that the longbow weighs exactly 20 stones.
You are certain that the longbow is worth exactly 3500 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

This is ONLY true for NEWLY made hunter's longbows. I have a non-capped hunter's longbow made before 3.0, and this is the appraisal on it:

A hunter's longbow made of copperwood is a long bow type weapon.
A hunter's longbow made of copperwood trains the bow skill.

The longbow is superbly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the longbow is reasonably balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the longbow is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the longbow can be slung over one shoulder.
You are confident that the longbow might weigh several tens of stones.
You are certain that the longbow is worth exactly 3000 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

So, once again, the 3.0 hunter's longbow is a SHORT BOW type weapon, when it should be a long bow type weapon. So Falker, when you said it would be a bug, that is exactly what I was talking about. But it's ONLY for hunter longbows. A normal longbow still is a long bow type. A hunter's longbow rates as a SHORT BOW, and appraises EXACTLY the same as a hunter's shortbow. A standard longbow, and a standard shortbow appraise correctly.

Now, it's possible the stats on hunter longbows are meant to match exactly the stats on hunter shortbows. And since I don't have a 2.0 capped hunter's longbow to compare with, I can't know for sure. But it reads very clearly that it is a short bow type weapon, when on 2.0 made bows it read that it was a long bow type weapon. I also know that the 2.0 hunter's longbow has a 3/4 load time, where as the 3.0 hunter's longbow(short bow) has a 2/3 load time. So between 3.0 and 2.0, the hunter's longbow isn't be 100% identical, and that is what makes me doubt the rest of the stats.
RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 04:58 PM CDT
Ahh! Now I see what you're saying. I also had another player email me with some appraisals. I'll be looking into it today to see if I can find where it's going wrong. :( I can hopefully have a fix out in the next few days. I didn't realize just how broken they had become when I started fixing them, I guess!

---
NaOH+HI
RE:Carving Hunter's Bows 05/11/2013 06:21 PM CDT
Okay, I have hopefully squashed the last of the code that was causing this mix up. Please let me know if something else weird pops up!

---
NaOH+HI