Bugged; bonus messaging-passing it on 09/10/2011 11:53 AM CDT
Hey all. I recently went on the Beseech the Dark to Sing Quest, guided by my revered Mentor. Words cannot express my respect and admiration enough for Pfanston. (He has to be the most patient Ranger on all Elanthia. ;) (Thank you again))

I now most certainly appreciate those who have gone before me and obtained it and feel a bond to those who have it. It is more valuable than the others, to me, by virtue of it's difficulty level to obtain. And it certainly takes cooperation with others to obtain. Empaths, and Mages was almost a requirement.

Now getting to the Bug issue; In so doing, we discovered that rooms in the seacaves of Aesry that show max bonus availability, do not actually give you max bonus. The highest obtainable howl message was third from the top, <You inhale and howl strongly, the cacophonous sounds reverberating around you> although the pace message is <You glance about the area while pacing back and forth, like a large, stalking mountain cat>.

Bug reports have been done on it, the gamehost recommended that I post it here and said the Ranger advocate would address it. (I believe that is DR-Sithix?)

If anyone has any questions of me, about it, I can be reached on AIM as Daiyanae and in game. (However if you see elven wine in my hand - then leave me alone with serious stuff!)

Daiyanae, the happy huntress.
"No Ranger stands alone"
Re: Bugged; bonus messaging-passing it on 09/10/2011 10:46 PM CDT
>Bugged;

I am 99% sure that just because you get the "capped" message, does not mean the room will allow you to get to the "capped" bonus.

As it pertains to Aesry, I've searched many of the rooms and tested the messaging. Having walked at least 5 rangers through the beseech the dark to sing quest now, I can say with absolute certainty that the best approach is to spend as much time in the Ranger Guild as it takes to get to +8 (capped bonus), run directly to the seacaves, and have a script set up to run through the crystals (at a bare min. have the commands pre-typed out, and just cut and paste down a list).

Just my take.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Bugged; bonus messaging-passing it on 09/12/2011 09:47 AM CDT
Diggan is correct that having hallucinations about mountain cats is more indicative of a range of awesome than some kind of so-called "cap".

For the record, I am not the Ranger Advocate. There currently is no such being.

- GM Sithix
Re: Bugged; bonus messaging-passing it on 10/19/2011 09:20 PM CDT
<<I am not the Ranger Advocate. There currently is no such being.>>

I think he meant it as a compliment...you know...you are so good you can do everything?

But since there isn't one, can we get one? I nominate Pfanston.

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow (still alive)