Is the Ranger Bonus decaying to fast? 01/13/2017 10:19 AM CST
I certainly think so. The ranger bonus decays far to fast. Is it -supposed- to decay this fast? Even with MON? See the (edited)log for more details but here's the setup.

I was at +2 bonus (after hanging in Black Goblins for >2 hours)
I cast MON@650 mana in a "stalking mountain cat" room
I went into town for 300 seconds
I lost a full bonus level
LOG START
You howl strongly, like that of a wolf calling its kin to assemble for a hunt. The sound echoes commandingly through the area. (+2)
[AutoMapper] Map path: southeast, southeast, southeast, southeast, southeast, south, south, south, south, south, south, southeast, east, east, southeast, east, east, east, southeast, south, southeast, southeast, swim southeast, swim southeast, swim southeast, swim southeast, south, southeast, south, southwest, southwest, southeast, southeast, southeast, southwest, southwest, southwest, south, southwest, south, southeast, southwest, south, south, southwest, southwest, south, south, south, southeast, southeast, south, south, south, southeast, southeast, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, go gate
[Starting 'automapper' at 11:01 AM]
[automapper]: southeast
You come out of hiding.
You stride southeast.
[Hawstkaal Road, Dense Forest]
Far from large cities or towns, animals in this forest have little fear of passersby. Here and there, one can see deer
[Outer Hibarnhvidar, Market Road]
The impressive edifice of the outer city's Northwest Gate marks the end of Market Road. Travelers from distant destinations jostle against one another as they pass in and out of the gate, making way for a wagonload of timber in from the Paasvadh Forest. A wiry nomad from the distant Arid Steppes ignores all the distractions of the metropolis, striding purposefully into the city on his appointed task.
[Script 'automapper' completed after 57.69 seconds total run time]
Obvious paths: east.
Mapped exits: go northwest gate
Echo Game time is 1484323352
Game time is 1484323352
You pace back and forth, scowling slightly at your surroundings.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR>
how
You howl strongly, like that of a wolf calling its kin to assemble for a hunt. The sound echoes commandingly through the area. (+2)
[Reliable Pawn and Dry Goods Emporium]
Tiny and dark, the shop is lit only by a smoke-darkened lantern hanging directly over the tall counter dividing the room. In front of the counter is only a bucket and an expanse of wood-planked floor, dirt-blackened in the corners but with a polished trail leading straight in from the doorway. Behind the counter are heaps and piles of used goods, some sorted and others simply stacked.
You also see Relf.
[Script 'automapper' completed after 9.60 seconds total run time]
Obvious exits: out.
You pace back and forth, scowling slightly at your surroundings.
[AutoMapper] Map path: north, east, east, east, go raven gate, east, northeast, southeast, northeast, south, northeast, northeast, go gate
[Lewkar Awg, The Courtyard]
A small cobblestone courtyard serves travelers as a place for a short rest, offering a water trough for the animals and benches out of the wind for their riders. In the east and west walls are gates made of stout timbers strapped with brass. A few stone steps lead up to the door of the round tower in the center of the yard.
[Script 'automapper' completed after 10.28 seconds total run time]
Obvious paths: none.
Mapped exits: go gate
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You inhale and howl strongly, the cacophonous sounds reverberating around you. (+1)
echo Gametime is 1484323652
Gametime is 1484323652
1484323652-1484323352 = 300 s = 5 minutes

~Hunter Hanryu
"the potential worst case scenario was...very worst case." - Armifer
Re: Is the Ranger Bonus decaying to fast? 01/18/2017 04:27 PM CST
Han, I gotta say this...I just love your attraction and use of numbers attention to detail. Just reading your log was fun.

Zinaca and her young wolf, Lucky
Re: Is the Ranger Bonus decaying to fast? 03/15/2017 05:13 PM CDT
been a long time Hanryu

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Is the Ranger Bonus decaying to fast? 08/10/2022 12:12 PM CDT

There is a spell for this
use it

And for revenge thou hast created this demon. Her domain is darkness - her purpose is wickedness- Dead Sea Scrolls
Re: Is the Ranger Bonus decaying to fast? 08/10/2022 08:15 PM CDT
>There is a spell for this
>use it

Posts have dates on them. Check them.

Replying to a post over five years old, you must have been lost a long time.