Lore Clarification 03/26/2009 04:53 PM CDT
When Tolle was being played a few months ago, I attempted to get clarification that Roopardua was the big boss of the Ranger Guild, and it seemed as though it had been verified.

As an NPC, Paglar says that Roopardua was his teacher:

Smiling warmly, Paglar says softly, "Roopardua is a great Dwarf! He was my teacher, my mentor. His grandfather from a long time ago and my grandtog from a long time ago were friends, and his grandfather was the teacher of my grandtog. Many of the Dwarves of the under-the-mountain city helped my grandfather from a long time ago and that is why we have our clan here. He is a Guildleader without a guildhall, a master of paths and tracking. Seek him and you will find a wise teacher indeed."

However, I recently found the wandering NPC Brokk who says Paglar is in charge of all the Ranger Guildleaders:

Brokk nods slowly and a serious look of pride crosses his broad visage. "Now da guildleader for da Rangers here, Paglar, is da wisest Ranger what ever was. He is in charge of dis guildhall here in Boar Clan, but he's also in charge of all da Ranger guildhalls and Ranger guildleaders 'cause he knows lessons dat ain't even in books. He can shoot an arrow straighter and farther dan anyone, like he and da arrow got some kind of deal worked out together."
Considering you for a moment, Brokk adds, "If you don't know him, you should go and meet him down in the guildhall."

So my question is, who has the most authority/knowledge/etcetera?
Re: Lore Clarification 03/27/2009 01:05 PM CDT
I think that we can consider Roopardua to be basically a "legend" among Rangers, and I believe that even Paglar would defer to Roop were he there and wanting to make his opinion known. But at this point in time Roopardua is mostly out there going about his business, maybe even semi-retired. You'll have to ask him next time you see him.

Paglar is indeed the "Head" Ranger Guildleader. This can be confirmed by asking one or more of the other guildleaders as well, I believe.

So who has the most authority? Paglar officially, but he would probably defer to Roopardua if the occasion arose, out of respect.

Who has the most knowledge? Roopardua likely, he has probably forgotten more than most will ever know.

GameMaster Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.