Recent stealth tweak 01/12/2009 08:11 PM CST
1) Stunned creatures / players will no longer grant stealth experience. Stunning them still grants the obscene decrement to their perception though, if you need to use it for tactical reasons.

2) When judging whether to award experience, this is now solely done on base ranks vs base ranks. In some cases, this will extend teaching ranges, in others it will decrease it. In theory this should stop people from learning stealth to really really high ranks by artificially making the contest difficult.

3) Stealth experience from hunting went down slightly across the board.

-Z

Can you elaborate on #1 and #3. Hunting is the primary way for rangers to learn stealth. You're taking away learning exp from any critter that is stunned? And you are downtweaking the amount of exp learned while hunting? Are there plans then to increase stealth learned from sneaking around? I do not have what you might call high stealth, but the other night, I tried sneaking around at NE (I remember when I could lock this easy here), and could barely got to learning before giving up. Hunting is the best way for rangers to learn, without trashing a bonus.

Thank you.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura