Companions 10/21/2003 05:16 PM CDT
I have a great idea. Its so wonderful that I can even fit it into one word.

Falcons.

Great things come in one word packages.

Falk

Think your tough? PROVE IT! Sign up for the fight of your life today!

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/
Companions 07/10/2005 12:10 PM CDT
Since its starting to look like this system isn't top on anyone's list or even being worked on. Do you think it would be possible to try to mend more of the smaller issues with companions? Oh and I think my wolf would love to eat Jerky! Never hurts to ask... so Please allow eating Jerky?

Those who pride themselves on being the Hunter can easily become the prey.
Re: Companions 07/12/2005 12:45 AM CDT
Hi there,

Some of the "smaller" issues with companions aren't really that small unfortunately. We put in the ability to send them off to help address some of the concerns. When in doubt, send the comp to sleep. News 2 50 lists some of the cautions with companions that this will hopefully help alleviate.

Regarding jerky, right now it's just for you all to enjoy. Your companions have bigger appetetites and want the full bloody piece still :)

-Edahla
Animal Paths (Companions) 09/11/2006 12:24 PM CDT
Was reading through my 2004 board post notes and wondered what the status of the Animal Paths was.

Daereth
trails in P5/Companions 04/19/2007 02:15 PM CDT
When are the trails in P5 going to be completed? When is our long awaited companion re-write going to be completed? Any ideas on how long we must wait, or what our nature pool is going to look like? It would be nice to have some good information regarding all these planned things, I notice in other areas there is information more forthcoming then they are here. We are not thieves we don't need some super secret stuff. Just would like some feedback on the status of the projects, and what they entail so we can have a good understanding of where our guild is going.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Companions 05/07/2007 12:50 PM CDT
I have a complaint,
Are we going to see a revisit and upgrade to the companion system anytime soon?
If so how long before someone devotes themself to helping the system for us Rangers?
1 month a year maybe?

I'm just curious If this is something that is on the To-Do-List and how far up the list it is.

Thanks I hope someone gets back to me

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip the dogs of war" - ShAkEsPeArE
Re: Companions 05/07/2007 02:19 PM CDT
Yes, Companions is due a rewrite. But no, as I've said before, it's unfortunately not something that'll be worked on the near future.

I'll be honest, it's a rewrite that will require a huge amount of effort and would require us to not work on anything else for the duration. It's something both the Brewmaster and I want to get stuck into, but we have a few other things I think you'll enjoy to get done before Companions get tackled.

I understand the frustrations of Rangers about the current Companion system. It will be worked on, we already have a few ideas on it, and I reckon I'll throw open the floor before we start on it for input on shaping it. I just ask that you all bear with us while we work through up all the other cool stuff we have planned before we tackle this monster.

Cheers,

Daethar

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. -- Albert Einstein
Pet rewrite : Companions 01/12/2009 08:07 AM CST
>Note - As best I understand it, pets as discussed at that time are not happening; this doesn't mean Bards will not have songbirds, but that it won't be part of a big overall guild-based pets system ~ DR-Vaeldriil

Does this mean we're on our own as far as companions go? ie: No more hoping for a overall pet-system to fix them?

Does this mean horses getting in on the pet-system is also out?

Is anyone actively working on companions?

Is anyone actively working on horses?

Thanks!

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Pet rewrite : Companions 01/12/2009 09:10 AM CST
>Does this mean we're on our own as far as companions go? ie: No more hoping for a overall pet-system to fix them?

Probably.

>Does this mean horses getting in on the pet-system is also out?

Probably.

>Is anyone actively working on companions?

No.

>Is anyone actively working on horses?

Don't think so.

-Z