S'kra language & forgotten? 10/24/2017 02:55 PM CDT
In my search recently for certain words in the s'kra language I've been amazed by how much work was done to document IG the other races languages.

But not the s'kra? We still only have the primer that really doesnt give us all that much, nowadays its even less than many of the other races.

As I've spent the past 2-3 days reading the s'kra folder from the beginning (yes, every single page looking for documentation) I was saddened by the fact that when Porlock left a lotof the work on the s'kra was dropped. And yes, I'm aware that his main work was not really totally focused on s'kra or the written language, eth'ral'khh. But at one point near 10 yrs ago he had mentioned working on a more fleshed out dictionary (for want of a better word) for us.

And yes, I realize there are less GMs nowadays than 10 yrs ago, I'm not going to debate that. And I'm under the impression Bartlebee has left us also? I might be wrong, I have been gone a long time & still catching up.

But I'm begging the staff now, can we please get something more on the s'kra language? And not in 10 yrs? My main will be dead by then if I'm not (grin, I'm only a few yrs younger than my main is)

Thank you
Re: S'kra language & forgotten? 10/25/2017 12:09 PM CDT

http://zekris.liztail.com/ZSQR.htm

Some info, I have no idea who created or where most of their info came from.
Re: S'kra language & forgotten? 10/25/2017 09:26 PM CDT
I knew the fine genetleman that created that.. Zekris. We used to hang out together IG a lot, especially when the Sraan S'kra was active back in the late 90's. It looks like eh gleaned it from the s'kra language primer & the basic info on sraans we had then. But thats pretty much all we still have 20 yrs later which is very disheartening to me.

Most of the info was what us original players gleaned from GMs like Shalnhh who was one of the original S'kra race champions although they werent called that back then. They were just GMs who probably showed a intense interest in certain races. He also probably gleaned a lot from the then language master GM Bartlebee.

And I would like for the GMs to try & release the dictionary I'm sure I read P was working on that was mentioned in the odd 500 pages of the s'kra racial folder. Now I could be wrong, I know he said he was documenting a lot of stuff that was never really documented in the staffs wiki. Probably a lot of the original GMs back when the game started in the mid 90s either paper/individually documented or just flew by the seat of their pants so if they left a lot was probably lost.

It saddens me to look in all the different libraries IG & see books upon books of the other races languages, I thought I saw like 7 books on prydean or rakish, 5 on dwarven, several on gorbesh/kaldar, etc.

Words every trader should know & s'kra language primer are extremely basic, for a game thats been running for what now 20 yrs? With a GM that was dedicated to S'kra even though it wasnt his primary job responsibility? And stated he was documenting it as he went? Just like the sraans?

But thank you for posting his link, I did have it. And if I could find my old harddrive with all my DR stuff on it I'm sure I could find more info that other players had collected over the yrs.

But I'm still requesting the GMs that are left, if they could find it in their hearts & a bit of time to expand the language.