LF word definition 10/23/2017 03:27 PM CDT
Hey folks, especially you oldtimers...

I could have sworn I saw someone possibly IG a very long time ago the definition of the word "poison".

I can not find it in the lexicon, my memory may be failing but wasnt there an IG book about a groom who was poisoned because (his best friend?) someone wanted the bride for their own. Or am I thinking of wormtail in the lord of the rings trilogy? (scratches head)

I'm searching elanthipedia & the net but either my terms are wrong or I'm just not hitting on it.

I need either a GM definition or something "official" like an IG book.

I need it for a gift for a friend, thank you in advance.
Re: LF word definition 10/23/2017 03:48 PM CDT
A quick search of elanthipedia found the book you are alluding to. I'm not sure it's of much help in finding the S'Kra Mur word for poison.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/History_of_Muspar%27i_--_The_Sun%27s_Egg_(book)
Re: LF word definition 10/24/2017 01:39 AM CDT
Thanks & yeah, finally found that book too. It has plain common for poison not the Eth'ral'khh version.

Sigh, going through the posts starting back in 2006 makes me think its been lost to the ages. plus how much that was on Porlocks plate seems never came to fruition.
Re: LF word definition 10/25/2017 01:46 AM CDT
Eth'ral'khh is the written form of S'kra

language wise, I think they just call it s'kra / s'kra language.

it's possible a word was never created for it. you could potentially take two words and try to combine them, of sorts. soemthing like rotten / dead air/substance. Just sort of spitballing here.
Re: LF word definition 10/25/2017 09:13 PM CDT
I'm very aware of what the written form is called, but thank you (grin) See, I mentioned it in my post, heheh.

And I'm a player from the original days up to about mid 2006, so over 10 yrs I played. And much changed from those days to today.

As far as creating, nogo. I need a GM verified word, plus we've created words in the past as players which GMs like Bart & P, even other GMs said "nope, player made up words dont fly"

But I appreciate it.

As I said, it seems with the reduction in staff plus I'm not even sure if the S'kra have a racial champ anymore, or any GMs working even somewhat on languages, things have dropped by the wayside.

And after reading the 500 some odd pages in the s'kra racial folder I could have sworn P said he had been working on a more fleshed out s'kra language "dictionary" far surpassing the lil bit we get in the current primer book IG.

But again, thank you. (grin)