Blue scales! 07/07/2015 09:09 PM CDT
A S'Kra waitress on Aesry:

The waitress's gleaming blue-tinted scales and sparkling slitted blue eyes present a picture of health that is only offset by a slight limp. While her clothing appears to be the standard uniform for waitresses here, its neatness and cleanliness indicate that she takes more pride in her appearance than many of a higher station.

Please, can I also be blue? (Or blue-tinted.) I want blue. So much. So so much. I'd love more expansion of scale options in general, because who doesn't like more options, but specifically blue, and there is clear precedent. =)
Re: Blue scales! 07/07/2015 09:44 PM CDT
Smozh had blue scales. Granted, that was thanks to a Moon Mage cantrip...

Also, I think this particular NPC could be either a) a poorly QCed relic, or b) wearing some kind of S'Kra-specific makeup. And that (the latter) is an idea I think is worth exploring. Folks with hair and such have the ability to put combs and things in it; I think it'd be nice if we had scale dust (or something) that would result in an appearance like...

Ilta has an elongated face, slitted tilted crystal blue eyes and a striped snout, red-gold scales that glitter along their edges with a faint green hue, a thick tail and a portly build. He is short for a S'Kra Mur.

Bolded for emphasis on what I added. Could have different colors, a few different pattern options... It does involve diving into feature code though, so I don't envy whoever ends up working on it, if the idea takes off. Here's a couple of thoughts on patterns:
* ... that glitter along their edges with a faint <color> hue
* ... crisscrossed with thick <color> bands along [his/her] flank
* ... with a metallic <color> overlay
* ... accented by gleaming <color>-tinted highlights

I

"I don't know if this is the right folder because the forums are a quagmire of hate and sadness." - Thayet
Re: Blue scales! 07/07/2015 10:05 PM CDT
I was really, really, really excited about the scale-specific glitter at the recent merchant, but it wears off over time, so it dimmed down to only "really excited." I'd like more permanent options for scales--shifting or makeup, yes yes. I love the suggestions you wrote up.
Re: Blue scales! 07/07/2015 10:39 PM CDT

I'll check into some possibilities. No promises on when however.

=GM Jhustis=
Logistics Minion
Muspar'i Guru
S'Kra Mur Champion
Orders Lead

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==
Re: Blue scales! 07/08/2015 03:27 AM CDT
>>DR-Jhustis: I'll check into some possibilities. No promises on when however.

Awesome! While you are looking at S'Kra scale colors, here are some other colors that have been seen on NPCs: dark red, deep red, bronze, creamy, sable brown, dark, blue-green, blue-black, and silver-edged.

Documentation: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/S%27Kra_Mur_Physiology#Skin_and_Scales

I think it would be interested to have some patterned options too, such as what you see on many snake species. For example, banded or tri-colored: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_snake

Or maybe some textured options, such as smooth, keeled, or granular.

There are even iridescent snake scales: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_boa

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Blue scales! 07/08/2015 07:46 AM CDT
Ooh, I love all those options. There's a blue-green NPC too? I am so jealous and possibly in love.
Re: Blue scales! 07/08/2015 08:25 AM CDT
>> Or maybe some textured options, such as smooth, keeled, or granular.

It'd really be nice if skin/scale color and texture were different fields for everyone. Currently having something like "wrinkled" skin means that you can't also have "tanned" skin, though logically both should be possible simultaneously.

I

"I don't know if this is the right folder because the forums are a quagmire of hate and sadness." - Thayet