A glimpse from the past...::Edit:: ::Fiction:: 01/09/2014 02:28 PM CST
A company of dirt stained and equipment bearing dwarves arrive in from a long and arduous journey…

[Arthe Dale, Community Garden]
Row upon row of cabbages, carrots, potatoes and turnips have been planted in this garden plot. The industrious Halflings of Arthe Dale have maintained it well. The rows are neatly arranged, and there is not a weed in sight. A tiny ladybug flutters from plant to plant, sometimes thrown off her course by the gentle breeze.
You also see a nest of eggs and a path.
Obvious paths: east.

One stout, dark skinned Dwarf known as Merrick, eyes wide open stops the party and shushes the remainder which seem to be reminiscing about the ale from last night.

Merrick says, "Do you see those there?”

Merrick points at a nest of eggs.

Stepping forward while slipping on his monocle from the pocket of his pants, he murmurs softly to himself and stares intently at the nest of eggs. Jaw dropped to the ground, he can’t believe what’s in front of his eyes.

Merrick rushes over and kneels down before the nest, grabbing tools from his backpack to examine the groups findings.

A barely audible CRACK! shatters one of the eggs.

The group, bewildered continues to watch as a baby S’kra Mur emerges from the broken shells.

Turning to each other in amazement Merrick stands up and begins wandering around to search for life of where this child’s mother might be.

Convinced that these eggs were left abandoned, the team huddles together to discuss their next actions.

The group packs up their belongings and as they continue heading north from their trek, you can't help but notice the empty egg and the infant S'kra Mur in the right pocket of Merrick's pants.

Decades later

After wiping her face with the wool rag, Anhh'shre tosses it aside as she gazes intently at an elderly dwarf with her penetrating blue eyes. Slipping her knife back onto her hip she turns to face her visitor.

Anhh'shre says, "What do I owe the pleasure of this visit, old friend?"

Merrick's face, pale as a ghost whispers, nervously into Anhh'shre's ear.

"I have news of your siblings, it's not good...."

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 02:43 PM CST
S'Kra omelettes are gamey.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:14 PM CST

Takes a really messed up S'Kra mother to encase her newborn in a fake egg shell and leave that unnatural thing for someone to find. I assume everyone present is bewildered and amazed solely because they're aware S'Kra don't hatch from eggs.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:38 PM CST
>>amazed solely because they're aware S'Kra don't hatch from eggs.<<

Who's aware of this? I've seen countless filthy S'kra's hatched from eggs.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:48 PM CST
> Who's aware of this? I've seen countless filthy S'kra's hatched from eggs.

Anyone who is a S'Kra, knows a S'Kra, or does a modicum of research?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/S%27Kra_Mur_Physiology#Reproduction

I mean, sure, there's no accounting for badly researched RP, but this is well-established.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:49 PM CST
>>Who's aware of this? I've seen countless filthy S'kra's hatched from eggs.

http://www.play.net/dr/info/races/racecharts.asp

Bottom of page:
Miscellaneous Race Facts

S'Kra Mur do not lay eggs.
Prydaens do not have litters.
All races have red blood.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:55 PM CST
I don't care what elanthipedia says, I've seen it, In game.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 03:58 PM CST
I've also "seen" a Tog ACT out flying around the room with fluttering wings. It means nothing. S'Kra do not hatch from eggs.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 04:00 PM CST
<S'Kra do not hatch from eggs.>>

Well this one did.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 04:13 PM CST
>>>>S'Kra do not hatch from eggs.

>>Well this one did.

Clearly a Necromancer and/or Necromantic byproduct. Burning ASAP is the only option.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 06:28 PM CST
Well played.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: A glimpse from the past...::Edit:: ::Fiction:: 01/09/2014 06:54 PM CST
Flicking her tongue in disgust, Anhh'shre storms out of the court yard and begins packing up her weapons. Rubbing the middle section of her regrown tail, she relives the pain from it being removed during her last encounter with Xerasyth.

Merrick quickly follows, a taffleberry tart is playing peak-a-boo from his mouth before he swallows the remainder.

"Anhh'shre, it's worse than you think. Lasarhhtha has been spotted too."

Narrowing her eyes, Anhh'shre pauses for a moment, spits on the ground, and resumes her tasks.

Anhh'shre says to Merrick, "You should have destroyed the other eggs when you had the chance, and REALLY do you always have to be eating when you talk to me?"

Anhh'shre finishes packing the rest of her belongings, and checks her freshly sharpened claws before heading out.

Merrick quickly follows behind her, "Should I send notice to your love?"

Anhh'shre hastily responds, "You know as well as I do, Kalag isn't ready to reveal himself again after he faked his death."

Merrick nods as they travel north.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 07:36 PM CST

<<It's not just Elanthipedia. That has been the established S'Kra lore for years.>>

Lore can be rewritten. I've seen S'kras hatch from eggs, I don't know what to tell you. I've seen it with my own eyes, and apparently others have too. The end is nigh.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/09/2014 07:51 PM CST

Squint

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/10/2014 05:27 AM CST
Whereas S'kra do not, as a matter of historical fact, hatch from eggs, eggs are featured prominently in many S'kra cultural items. I.e. Muspar'i is the crest of the city is the jeweled, or ruby "egg", and it is a legend that the world dragon hatched from the "egg" of the 4th moon, not to mention the various "wish eggs" sold in the shops of that fair city in the north.

So obviously dragons hatch from eggs. Unknown is whether Adan'f in fact hatch from eggs or are born as S'Kra are. Next time I run into Xerasyth I'll have to ask him. Whether that will be before or after he kills me for my insolence is unknown. :-)

-some s'kra-

necromancer 1:so, do you consume flesh?
necromancer 2: no, I only eat vegetarians.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/10/2014 01:37 PM CST
I think the secret is out. Skras hatch from eggs.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/10/2014 03:02 PM CST
>Well played.

Which one was well played, NaOHHI?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/14/2014 02:02 PM CST
If you're not sitting at your computer laughing, then you're doing it wrong.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: A glimpse from the past... 01/16/2014 06:00 PM CST
So I think we've established that S'kra's actually do hatch from eggs. Good show people, good show.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: A glimpse from the past...::Thread Over:: 01/17/2014 10:18 AM CST

Further discussion on this topic belongs in the Player Fiction folder.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.