Smozh 02/11/2013 08:59 AM CST
I was going to make a new S'Kra Mur character and make him a Smozh(a literal one, born without a tail). Is there a way to literally be tailless via Empathic Shifting or some other way? There's too many S'Kra houses/clans/cities to come up with a reason for him to be just named a Smozh in all of them without making him just a straight up monster, but I don't see any way to make him tailless as if he were born that way.
Re: Smozh 02/11/2013 09:32 AM CST
>>Is there a way to literally be tailless via Empathic Shifting or some other way?

Best you can do is shift your S'kra to have a stubby tail, IIRC.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Smozh 02/11/2013 05:37 PM CST
They still don't offer 'crimped tails'? I swear I remember seeing those back in the day and upon looking it up discovered they were basically short little stubby fleshy reminders that there was once a tail here (Such as every boxer dog IRL, where they snip the tails to about 1/3-1/4th length the moment the mother gives birth to them).
Re: Smozh 02/11/2013 06:21 PM CST
Tail options:

For S'Kra Mur -- slender tail, crooked tail, long tail, stubby tail, thick tail, kinked tail, straight tail, curving tail, original

For Prydaen, Rakash -- slender tail, crooked tail, long tail, stubby tail, thick tail, kinked tail, straight tail, curving tail, original

No crimped, but there is kinked. Typically in dogs/cats this can mean a literal kink in the tail (an abnormal bed or bump) or in cats is often used to refer to having a half or bobbed tail.

I still think stubby is the best available option for the original poster though.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Smozh 02/11/2013 07:13 PM CST
Unfortunately, there is no "smozh" tail shift, although you could have a "stubby tail" (as others have mentioned).

Another option is to acquire a useless-level external scar, which would show up as "an ugly flesh stump for a tail." The downside to this method is that you would have to continually ask Empaths not to heal the scar.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.
Re: Smozh 04/23/2013 07:55 PM CDT
>>Another option is to acquire a useless-level external scar, which would show up as "an ugly flesh stump for a tail." The downside to this method is that you would have to continually ask Empaths not to heal the scar.

The only way to get a useless external scar (far as I know) involves either transfering scars to the point of destruction, or rapid healing of a fresh external injury, such as with empathic magic. It has to be magic, since herbs no longer work on an area that is 'destroyed'.

In otherwords, if you aren't an empath, this is not a road you can walk.
Re: Smozh 04/23/2013 09:03 PM CDT
Unless of course you say, doused yourself with Naphtha, set yourself on fire, and had an empath remove the tail wounds as they formed until all that was left was an ugly stump...
Re: Smozh 04/25/2013 03:15 AM CDT
Or, if you're a moon mage, teleport using a moon that isn't up! Sure, that makes everything useless, but it's a guaranteed tail wound.

Can mages target a tail? A quick test shows no. Huh. Why not? Maybe my mage is terrible, but... weird.