Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Age Messaging - The Quickening 06/22/2010 05:15 PM CDT
>>SCHULTZS3: From the standpoint of the game, no one knows a character's birthdate except the player through an OOC verb. (And Hodierna at the end of char gen)

Which is part of the reason that I don't understand why a few players are so upset that the age mechanics restored their characters' birthdays. The age system has no mechanical impact, and your character looks the same as he would look if he had the birthday you wanted. If you want to claim that your character was born on some special day, no one will know otherwise.

However, as far as age shifting is concerned, it didn't really change your character's birthday. Age shifting is not time travel -- the fact that the age shifting mechanics used to interact with birthdays was just a kludge. The age update merely brought the mechanics of age shifting in line with the lore of age shifting by separating a character's actual age from his apparent age.

>>SCHULTZS3: It would actually be good for people to choose their birthdate, particularly people who were not Plat/Premium at the time of their character generation.

I support the ability to choose your age and birthday at character generation. However, I don't think that the ages or birthdays of preexisting characters should ever be changed.

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Age Messaging - The Quickening 06/26/2010 07:13 PM CDT
It is actually Faenella not Hodierna who walks you through the character creation system on your way to begin the game.

-Armifer says consequences are how we honor evil roleplaying.
-Abasha says, "Personally, I love supporting evil characters, but not if they can't take their lumps too.
-Quarel says, "Not me I hit you because I like to hit."
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page