An Observation 02/20/2007 04:07 PM CST
Having played Dragonrealms off and on for many years.. I have always played the race of Elves..I've always made suggestions to improvements for the race, some verbs.. some fresh ideas and some ways to improve on the race..Now as the years have gone by I've noticed alot of work being done on this race or that one.. especially new one's.. and I can understand the need for new races for player versitility.. This is not a complaint in any form of the word just an observation.. But I just started playing again after a 2 year vacation and nothing has been added.. to the race of Elves.. when I noticed the GM announcements .. There was nothing concerning Elves.. or any of the other core races.. Human etc.. Having programmed my own Mudds i understand the need for time to code, testing etc.. and understand the priorities of what system needs what attenion.. My observation is it has been years.. Alot fo plyers have good suggestions.. and some of them easily implimented.. a walking verb added to all elves as an obtain similiar to the Elven wardens in Leth deriel when they walk room to room would be nice.. The code is already there etc..JUst a few observations

Be well

I'm hunting fer wabbit..
Re: An Observation 02/22/2007 01:58 PM CST
I thought that humans were supposed to be the least developed of all the races, because they're just plain ol' ordinary humans, you know. I mean, by their very definition, humans aren't actually good at anything; they are the epitome of mediocrity in all aspects of life.

Similarly, elves are supposed to be the second least developed, followed by dwarves in third, and elotheans fourth, which we see because they do occasionally get things like the Elothean Houses and such.

Then, when you get to 'togs, s'kra, olvi, kaldar, gnomes, rakash, and Prydaen, there is progressively more development because they are more interesting races, although gnomes and halflings obviously get less than the others in this category because they are so small. Finally, rakash and Prydaen get the most development because they are new, and therefore better. If any newer races are added, they will get the most development, because they will then be the newest, even if they are stupid like sharek or vykathi, and that will displace the amount of development for all of the older races which will have become boring because they are not as new as the new ones.

So really, humans should be happy if they get one new book about human history in an obscure library sometime in the next few years. Elves might get, say, two books, and then all the other races can expect something a bit more substantial in addition to any books that might be written about them, unless, of course, the supposed new races are released before such development occurs.

X
Re: An Observation 02/22/2007 07:31 PM CST
Again..

Some development of the old races would be easy.. I have coded mudds myself.. some code that could be used for the various coding needed already in place..just have to apply it to the various systems that apply to the races and test it.. enough said

I'm hunting fer wabbit..