Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/28/2004 11:17 PM CST
Hrm, this could be good. Judging based on some of yer posts here and o ther places, I'd like to say this could be interesting. Welcome to the club Dartenian.

- Zelaide -

The only way to survive the impending doom: kill every last Zolurenite. -- GM Veyl, tongue firmly in cheek.

Sect development: 13%
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 01:53 AM CST
<<Hrm, this could be good. Judging based on some of yer posts here and o ther places, I'd like to say this could be interesting.>>

It will be. Dart's not one to go halfway on anything. Y'all have scored in a major way getting him in as your champion.

He's also good at killing. Might want to make sure you're well-armored at any meetings he holds. <ducks>

-Vaeldriil

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 06:36 AM CST
Sastiam Dartenian!

-Laarth Frozenfyre
Ilithi Militia, Commander
Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a Bakshiloa of Strategy

http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 08:16 AM CST
A whole gnome village just for me!

<DROOL>

I bet the 1st race out of the 3 is TOG, ey?

Welcome Dartenian!

<SMOOCH>

Archi
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 08:44 AM CST
The mark of a great GM summed up right here.

>It's something a lot of you have been waiting to see for a long time now, and it's something I'd like to see released as soon as possible with all the fanfare it deserves.

It just makes me smile to see a GM that wants to give the people what they want!

Welcome Dartenian, I hope you have a good tour of duty. No, I'm not a gnome but I do like snacking on them from time to time, so any additional flavors are appreciated.

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
Ask me about my Order
AIM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 11:21 AM CST
<<The mark of a great GM summed up right here.

>It's something a lot of you have been waiting to see for a long time now, and it's something I'd like to see released as soon as possible with all the fanfare it deserves.

It just makes me smile to see a GM that wants to give the people what they want!>>

What, and none of the rest of us do? <grin>

--Eisu, tripping on the mad sounds of the wind over the lake.
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 01:17 PM CST
Said it was the mark of a Great GM. Didn't say that there weren't other Great GM's out there.

Eisu is an ok GM. Kinda short though.

::flees::

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
Ask me about my Order
AIM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/29/2004 04:47 PM CST
<grins>

Dart, I would be lieing if I said I wasn't profoundly jealous, but you know what a nut I am! ;-)

Congratulations! I'm glad we finally got a Race Champion, and I know you'll be great at it!

*cough cough* And of course, if you ever need any suggestions or opinions, we Kaldar and Gnomes are an opinionated lot!

--Vyraka, Syreh, Ciles, and the Rest --

IM a GorbeshWarlord !
Gorbesh Checks and Balances Department

"Experience comes from Bad Judgement. Good judgement comes from Experience." - Some Wise Sagely Person
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 01/30/2004 09:21 AM CST
>>I'm just going to exterminate the other 9 races so we can reign supreme.<<

Oh no, it's Yamaga in disquise.<g>

Welcome, and may you be small enough to gain the most respect.

Bazari Eyedrop Darpole of Ilithi
Consul of G.N.O.M.E.

______
The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.
- Lesley Poles Hartley
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 02/01/2004 01:52 PM CST
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=11&topic=13&message=501

And now I start with the demands! BWAH HA HA HA!

Have fun babysitting us nutjobs. ;)

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 02/03/2004 09:46 AM CST
>>Dartenian>>I'm just going to exterminate the other 9 races so we can reign supreme.

I like them already.

>hail dart

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Gnomes and Kaldar Champion. 02/03/2004 10:09 AM CST
>>Dartenian>>but I'd like all the Gnomes and Kaldar out there to start thinking about what they'd like to see for Racial Feats

I don't have any specific ideas to offer right now, but I do have a question and a suggestion that would affect more than just us though we would benefit from it.

IG a group of us established a tradition, since it made sense to us. We coined a Kaldaran proverb: "a blunt is a weapon, a blade is a treasure". Being a nomadic people, blunt weapons were more easily crafted on-the-go especially since its a lot easier to make blunts than blades out of wood and other foragable materials (though if we ever get a flint-knapping system and obsidian as a working material, that could change a bit) especially since even with metal blunts a simple mold is all they would have to carry, a makeshift kiln for melting source materials could be made as needed. Toting around an anvil and a grinding wheel is another story altogether.

So my character remolded himself around that tradition (I decided early on he was, for the most part, a "traditional" Kaldar, although I wasn't exactly sure what those traditions would be). Last year at SimuCon, at the seminar where we were first shown racial feats, it was mentioned that HE was the currently proposed "preferred weapon" of the Kaldar. So I have been working to rearrange him towards HE. Took a while, he's an archer and his top 3 weapons are bows ... but his 4th weapon is now HE, whereas it used to be MB.

I can accept that this may have been true about our predecessors but has changed since the migration since they are now in a land where access to blade weapons is much more open, but traditions are just that, traditions. They may not have been here long enough to have lost that preference, especially those still with their families, learning from their elders.

So the question is this: do you have an intention for which weapon we will likely see as our preferred weapon, i.e. the one we will have a/some racial feat(s) for?

Though personally I would suggest that instead of just one, each race might have a set (4-6, for example) of weapons they lean towards and can choose from them, just each additional one would be successively more expensive (each is double the cost of the last, perhaps?), to the point where it is highly unlikely anyone would want to spend the TDP's on more than 2, maybe 3, unless they are really stuck on the idea.

The above would promote a bit of variety within a race (being able to choose) while still helping to encourage those who would rely on weapons more suitable to their race (choosing from a set their race as a whole would tend to use).

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."