TRILL 06/26/2003 05:26 PM CDT
Alright, I LOVE this new verb. My only (and very minor) problem is the syntax.

TAIL USAGE: TAIL <EMOTE> PERSON
EAR USAGE: EAR <EMOTE> PERSON
or
EAR <ACTION> PERSON

TRILL USAGE: TRILL PERSON <emote>

So compared to all of the rest of these verbs, the syntax for TRILL is backwards. Its not a huge deal, but being a person who uses my ears and tail frequently, it throws me off a bit.

~Vien De'Lionne~

"#54. If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner."

- Things I'd Do If I Became An Evil Overlord
Re: TRILL 06/26/2003 07:31 PM CDT
Actually, Trill is correct. It's Tail and Ear that are backwards.
For example:
NOD player <emote>
GRIN player [emote]

S.
Re: TRILL 06/26/2003 07:34 PM CDT
In that case, I'd be perfectly happy if they reversed TAIL and EAR. I'd just like them all to be standardized.

~Vien De'Lionne~

"#54. If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner."

- Things I'd Do If I Became An Evil Overlord
Re: TRILL 06/26/2003 08:27 PM CDT
you don't TAIL PERSON though...you TAIL EMOTE with the person being optional. with nod and grin and other verbs like that, you NOD PERSON with the emote as the option...if trill works the same way, i think it works just fine

Jaebom --reversing how tail works would bother the hell outta sooo many people...
Re: TRILL 06/26/2003 09:58 PM CDT
<<you don't TAIL PERSON though...you TAIL EMOTE with the person being optional. with nod and grin and other verbs like that, you NOD PERSON with the emote as the option...if trill works the same way, i think it works just fine>>

Good point.

S.
Re: TRILL 06/26/2003 10:20 PM CDT
<<you don't TAIL PERSON though...you TAIL EMOTE with the person being optional. with nod and grin and other verbs like that, you NOD PERSON with the emote as the option...if trill works the same way, i think it works just fine>>

Correct -- TRILL was set up on a HUG profile because of the way it's used. TAIL operates differently. I can understand why it would be confusing to have different syntaxes for each, but I don't think they can be changed without changing the way the verbs fundamentally work, which I don't think is such a good idea. =)

--Ellerina

"It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off."
-- Woody Allen