Kaldar Crafts 05/21/2020 07:35 PM CDT
Looking at how the Kaldar view the Thirteen and the general disregard for Kertigen as a god of craftsmen who creates greed and covetous behavior, I was trying to sort out what Immortals would be the patrons of different crafts, or if some crafts would still fall under Kertigen or another deity that is generally viewed negatively.

Given Hav'roth is god of smiths, with even common tools forged in his name, I feel like he covers Forging comprehensively.

But what about Alchemy, Engineering, Outfitting, and Enchanting?

~~
Lupdels
Re: Kaldar Crafts 05/22/2020 07:51 AM CDT
Meraud would cover enchanting, and Tamsine as a goddess of the home might cover outfitting. I hesitate to offer opinions about the other crafts.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Kaldar Crafts 05/22/2020 08:29 AM CDT
Kaldar are a warrior culture traditionally, which is why like half the deities reference their value through either a lens of honor, strength in combat, or pride. Warriors are the pride, and there is honor in necessary functions like farming and crafting.

Hav'roth is also god of the earth, so stonecarving might be considered his also. Alchemy might be Tasmine since she is healing?

I feel like the "common" answer would be like many of these disciplines would indeed be viewed as Kertigen, and thus weak and "un-Kaldar-like," though as always religion in roleplay is just a template. You could always play a Kaldar who thinks there is strength in craft, I'd just be cognizant that the contrast with the Gorbesh is a major point of Kaldar culture. Anything that would be considered expansionist, profiteering, or empire-building would be frowned upon.
Re: Kaldar Crafts 05/22/2020 08:57 AM CDT
I think that many of the disciplines would indeed be viewed as Kertigen and thus weak, but I'm trying to sort out which ones as I develop a Kaldar-influenced crafter. I'm more interested in "What crafts would the generic warrior culture of the Kaldar approve of" and less "I want to construct reasons to justify my interest in craft X."

Like I see Alchemy overall as borderline un-Kaldar-like, except for the Remedies discipline.

Engineering is split internally by what you're making. Although maybe all of Engineering is "This is why we work with Gnomes."

The unreleased aspects of Artistry look Kertigen.

~~
Lupdels

"Bards are widely regarded as excellent storytellers, but terrible cosmologists."
Re: Kaldar Crafts 05/23/2020 06:56 AM CDT
Definitely: all of Forging

Probably: Alchemy, Carving (at least for weapons/tools/armor)

Probably not: Everything else