Culture Faire Designs 03/08/2016 09:54 PM CST
Because the last one went so well, I'm opening up spreadsheets for the three shops planned for the Gorbesh Culture Faire for all of you to help with designs. Here's some info on the shops:

Fuva's Designs
* 1 sheet to collect simple firestain designs that can be applied to any metal item without a unique TAP.
* 1 sheet for designs of various other items. Weapons, armor, jewelry, unique verbs, etc are all allowed. Everything MUST be metal.
* Use of windsteel is allowed.

Shared Wares
This is a general shop that can sell pretty much anything.
* 1 sheet for Gnomic goods
* 1 sheet for Kaldaran goods
* 1 sheet for Gorbesh goods

Stepping up
This is geared towards Gnomes, but many people will see some use out of this. This shop will sell "soap boxes" that let you stand on them and use a few RP/fluff verbs.
* 1 sheet for crate/box designs.
* Use of spiritwood is allowed.

http://tinyurl.com/GorbeshFaireDesigning

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/17/2016 10:33 AM CDT
>Fuva's Designs
>* 1 sheet to collect simple firestain designs that can be applied to any metal item without a unique TAP.

Just a question I had while trying to come up with some of these. How will a given design be applied to an item? If I had "a tyrium greatsword" and wanted to get one of the simple firestained designs, would it be listed in the shop as "firestained with a smelly cat design" and produce "a tyrium greatsword firestained with a smelly cat design"? Does the description just append itself to the end of the item?

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/17/2016 12:38 PM CDT
The designs are going to be appended, yup. Basically it'll use this template: article + adjective + noun + (design string)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/17/2016 01:05 PM CDT
Ohh, for some reason I thought it was going to be article + adjective + noun + "with" + (design string). I went back and updated the three I submitted--thanks for the clarification!
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/17/2016 02:39 PM CDT
Nah, the with would eat up 6 characters and people might want different wording.

ie:
with a firestained wolf
firestained with running wolves
firestained with purple-edged wolves
with crimson-edged firestained wolves
accented by firestaining with red-orange edges

and so on. It should be more flexible this way.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/18/2016 06:55 PM CDT
What colours can an item be firestained with? I know variants of red, orange, yellow and purple are possible but are there any others?
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/18/2016 08:18 PM CDT
The main part of the stain is black, charcoal or gray variations. The edges can be tinted the colours you already listed. Beyond that I think that's it. I do know it can contain combinations of those colors so it could have both red and purple edges for example.
Re: Culture Faire Designs 03/19/2016 01:45 PM CDT
I've been allowing crimson, red-orange, purple, and violet. No yellow as of yet, though I've discovered it seems to be possible on certain metals. No current alterations have used yellow.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Culture Faire Designs 05/04/2016 01:19 PM CDT
Updating.. The faire now has public dates on the calendar for August. The documents on google are still up for those wanting to design.

---
NaOH+HI
Kaldar Culture Faire 12/22/2016 11:19 PM CST
The last time I played was November of last year so I missed all this but saw it while catching up on the forums. Did this Faire ever happen? I don't see anything on Elanthipedia anywhere alongside the other Cultural Faires and I even went and looked back at the Events Calendar and didn't see anything posted about it anytime this year.

Even if it did happen and I missed it, I'd love to find a shop and item list so I can try to track some items down. Both of my main characters are Kaldar.
Re: Kaldar Culture Faire 12/23/2016 01:22 AM CST
This event did not happen. I believe Naohhi had to reschedule it due to something conflicting and it has not come up again yet on the schedule.

Naohhi did say she would finish her existing projects and this may include the faire. I hope so because I too main a Kaldar. :)

- Navesi
Re: Kaldar Culture Faire 12/23/2016 08:01 AM CST
There was a ton of new unique Kaldar stuff at Hallows eve, unfortunately that might have replaced the faire? I bought up a bunch of it and would give it to you for the price I paid if any of it is of interest too you. I think Naohhi is still on leave, but can't confirm.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Kaldar Culture Faire 12/23/2016 03:07 PM CST
What kind of items? You can shoot an email to my play.net address if you don't want to spam the boards up(not like the Kaldar board is a hotbed of activity to start with).