Favors 04/08/2015 11:15 PM CDT
Any chance of Gorbesh favor being made something attainable in the future? Huge fan of the lore, and the pantheons. would be awesome to represent that through this means as well
Re: Favors 04/08/2015 11:45 PM CDT
I thought I'd posted this somewhere before, but I can't find it after some digging so I'll risk repeating myself (and/or giving out new information):

The fact that you cannot get favors from the Gorbesh pantheon currently is not considered a system limitation, bug, or otherwise.

It is a canonical part of the game lore. For whatever reason they are unable or unwilling to grant their favor at this point in time.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Favors 04/09/2015 03:24 PM CDT
Has there been any proof in recent times that they're more than the Gorbesh's wishful thinking?

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Favors 04/09/2015 04:02 PM CDT
>>Has there been any proof in recent times that they're more than the Gorbesh's wishful thinking?

I make two assumptions when answering this, but I feel they're pretty safe assumptions to make.

1) The Albarian Pantheon is no more/less powerful than the Kermorian Pantheon.
2) As history has proven time and time again, the Kermorian Pantheon is not as all-powerful as it likes people to believe. Sure, the unwashed masses might believe it with the occasional temporary loss of faith during particularly fearful moments, but we know better, right? After all, if it wasn't for the hero-class of Elanthia, you'd have a giant banshee in charge of the North Wind, a kobold managing the power of life and death on behalf of snake demon lady, and weird cocoon babies blocking out the sun. Oh, and we'd all be shambling around as Lyras' puppets.

Based on those assumptions, I just chalk it up to the Albarian Pantheon just not having the reach to influence people wayyyyyyyyyyy over here, similar to how the Kermorian Pantheon doesn't have the reach to influence people wayyyyyyyyyyyy over there.

Not that I think it's a bad thing to ask the question (because it's a good question!), but I kinda see asking why Albarian gods can't grant favors in Kermoria like asking why Zoluren can't collect taxes in Qi or why you can't pay for stuff in Riverhaven with Dokoras. For your typical dirt farmer living in a province, sure the ruling class seems pretty strong, but that doesn't mean that particular ruling class has the power that would let them expand their domain even further.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Favors 04/09/2015 04:16 PM CDT
I'm really annoyed I can't find the really nice IC version of this I remember writing.

The gist is that no one knows. People have theories and stories are told, but no one has clear proof of divine intervention of the Ten since the migration, if not longer.

There is a really nifty project I've wanted to do for years related to this but I've had to prioritize guild dev over race dev.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Favors 04/09/2015 04:39 PM CDT
The lesson here folks is be careful posting on a smartphone because the the post button doesn't scale right and sits right above the check box to promote to the top category. (Don't bother looking, you don't have one...)

-Raesh

Re: Favors 04/09/2015 04:45 PM CDT
Well that's a much less interesting reason than, "Oh look. Raesh is drunk posting at 1 in the afternoon. Cool."

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Favors 04/09/2015 04:47 PM CDT
Heh. I've been afraid I was going to do that for awhile now (I've been posting on my phone a fair bit the last couple of weeks... which sadly can only explain a few of the weird typos). I am just pulling myself out of bed, however, after totally trashing my sleep schedule 24 hours into my weekend. So there's that.

-Raesh