Baby Steps 11/24/2011 06:52 AM CST
So now that we've taken our first few baby steps towards the future of the Kaldaran race (In a development sense) I'd like to check in with you guys again: What do you want to see next? Is what I've been doing so far the sort of thing you want more of, or would people prefer I push development in a different direction?

To recap for those who may have missed it we've had:
New theological lore
A smattering of Kaldar styled items, most notably religious garb
Two new Kaldar merchants
At least one teaser of things to come

My current plans (in no particular order):
At least one book (Mostly containing the lore already introduced into the forums)
A Kaldar merchant with a decidedly less religious slant
The Sekret Projekt. (I've actually discussed The Sekret Projekt with a few people at SimuCon, but since none of them seem to have spoken up or recall what I'm talking about I'm going to keep calling it this until one of them remembers or I finish it).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 11:59 AM CST
I like the direction you are going in, the book is atleast partially done. The merchant would mostly likely be quicker than the secret project though I'm really curious as to what it as I didn't make simucon
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 12:41 PM CST
I like secret projects, even if they're spelled differently then what I would expect. I submit that I want more secret projects.

Oh and in general I like the ways things are going, so continue in this line, with secret project 'Kaldaran Toddler'. :wink:

Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 01:15 PM CST

The only suggestion I have, nay, demand, is a Gorbesh translation for the word 'born', or 'bear'. A few others and I have been discussing this one word for a little while now, and we cannot solidify a position on an acceptable alternative. Also, while I'm on the topic of language, is hyphenation acceptable in Gorbesh, to combine two words in an acceptable manner?

I ask because I am beginning a project on my Kaldaran bard. I hope to write a Gorbesh battle song in the skaldic tradition. It should be epic, but there are a couple speedbumps along the way involving translation.
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 01:59 PM CST
> Also, while I'm on the topic of language, is hyphenation acceptable in Gorbesh, to combine two words in an acceptable manner?

As long as we're requesting language info, I'll toss in a couple questions:

1) In english, it's acceptable to use the past participle as a noun, e.g. "Remember the fallen", or "The disenfranchised will not be satisfied with ice cream." Can Gorbesh do this?

2) When using the genitive, is it placed after the noun like an adjective?
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 03:13 PM CST
>>2) When using the genitive, is it placed after the noun like an adjective?

Seld, stop trying to scare him with complicated linguistic questions. :-p

As for me, I'm happy with the way development is going. I was under the impression you had events in the works but haven't seen/noticed any... that's fine though.

I do like that you've done religion and are now moving on to something else. Spread the love around a little.

I too would like some more words in the Gorbesh dictionary at some point. I think we are very lucky to have it as large as it is, but still... I use it a lot, so I always want more.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 05:50 PM CST
Tell you what -- I'm not really a linguistics guy, I just stumble along as needed, but if you guys can compile a small list of questions plus a few words you'd like translated, I'll get with the people who are and see what we can do.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 06:00 PM CST
Raesh -

Really love what you're doing for the Kaldar so far. Given your track record, my suggestion for Kaldar lore is "more please."

Regarding the merchant, the last couple merchants were examples of how Kaldar make peace. I'd enjoy seeing how they make war next.
Malkien
Re: Baby Steps 11/24/2011 07:12 PM CST
>>I'd enjoy seeing how they make war next.<<

^This.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: Baby Steps 11/28/2011 09:09 AM CST
>>Really love what you're doing for the Kaldar so far. Given your track record, my suggestion for Kaldar lore is "more please."

Considering what we've gotten thus far, I'm fairly certain I'll be satisfied with whatever makes its way out next. Thanks, Raesh!

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Baby Steps 11/28/2011 12:48 PM CST
Please release your Soopur Sekretz Projehkt first. I thoroughly desire to slap and choke Ocular with my Hands of Awesome. Thx.