Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 06:03 AM CDT
-Albarian critter charts for my compendium!
-Forging instructions for kaldar-specific items?
-Backpack with straps (like the one from boar clan) but reinforced so the straps do not wear out.
-Thing hiders with a kaldar slant. Really would like to hide some of my hodgepodge armor.
-Worn skinning knives (but not belt slot). Simple taps please!

*In general I like stuff with <=4 word taps and ending in the noun (when I quick look someone I just look for the words before commas.
*Add bard recalls to some of the stuff please! Slip in some more canon, we need it.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 07:27 AM CDT
So - I pondered items last night, and came to the boards this morning to find many people had already suggested ideas that I thought of. So my post is mainly commentary.

<<I really liked the idea of simple wooden amulets with Gorbesh runes for different deities of the Ten. A few verbs for them would be nice as well. (Whether or not they have some sort of magical bonus or not really doesn't matter)

Woah! I was thinking the exact same thing!

<<Spear and axe harnesses, similar in size to long mesh and/or the rough burlap ones from last year. Big warrior like a Kaldar should have a big harness for his/her big weapon.

<<A nice, big weapon harness (fit for greatsword or spear), and/or a Kaldar style morawen.

Have you been reading my notes? I figured if Tieheq wielded a greatsword and a spear, Kaldar would have some gadget for holding both. Yes - I said both! o.O

<<With the importance of Outriders in the Gorbesh Empire, and as I think of large parts of Albaria as tundra it seems horses would play a significant role in Kaldar life. With that in mind it'd be nice to see tack, or even a special type of 'Albarian' saddle. (As far as design elements I know far too little of actual horseback riding to suggest them)

Awesome idea...

<<2. Jewelry. For this, I picture bracers, amulets, some thick rings, thick ties to go around braids (I wish I knew what to call these, cause I think they'd be great). All iron, silver, or wood. Would range from completely plain to intricately carved -- possibly thick with runes or knotwork. Engagement or wedding rings would be nice. (Most of the ones that currently exist are far too fancy.)

Agreed!

<<4. Also, a toolkit or toolbelt that could actually fit all my tools (for mining, carving, etc.).

gasp We are on the same page. I was just thinking last night it would be nice to have a Kaldar-themed container for all my new tools. Something a little bit more decorative than a Berolt large sack.

<<I also like the idea of a belt knife, and carving knife (I'm sad right now that I can't use my belt knife for carving but that's a different story

I think Kaldar would use a swappable knife and scraper. I know they existed once, so the code might not be able to be used again - but still a multipurpose utility knife seems very appropriate for a Kaldar.

<<5. Clothing. --- Thick winter gear. Priests' robes.

The Priests and Healers of the Kaldaran world need some love. Not to say they wouldn't also been strapped down in heavy armor, etc. but maybe some sort vestment or wooden beads (carved with the icons of the Ten) that distinguishes them might be useful. Healers might have medic pouches

<<-Albarian critter charts for my compendium!

That would be fabulous! Throw us a Shaerek, Nirejis, and War Mammoth Chart!

<<Thing hiders with a kaldar slant. Really would like to hide some of my hodgepodge armor.

Yes yes Yes !

[==Vyraka==]