Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 11:16 AM CDT
Hey, was scanning over the wedding packages in the box office and am seriously considering buying a prince's package to host and Albarian party sometime later this year (probably after Hollow Eve). Wanted to post here to get a reading of how interested everyone would be in this, think it could be a lot of fun, especially if we can get some GM involvement.

Also wanted to ask you Raesh, if I were to buy one is there any chance you'd be willing to give your blessing (within acceptable item limits of course)
to have the few altered items we get with the package done in a racial manner. Would REALLY love to have some Albarian items to give away as prizes for games/contests/whatever.

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Oritai Jerecis Luyovathe, Siron vaz Wena
-player of
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 12:02 PM CDT
That sounds fun. Schedule permitting, I will be there with bells on.

Now I gotta go find some bells.
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 12:05 PM CDT
Talk to the Weddings folks. They're fairly flexible and will let you know what you can and cannot do at a party of that type. If you come up with something that needs me to weigh in on it, they'll consult me with the specific situation, fear not.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 02:58 PM CDT
>>That sounds fun. Schedule permitting, I will be there with bells on.

I'll be there with zills on. But for serious - sounds like a good time!

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 05:20 PM CDT
>>an Albarian party sometime later this year

I'd love this. I'd absolutely go. Just as long as the contests are contests of skill rather than trivia. ;D

Do you think they'd let us design the food? Even if not, I bet we could have some fun trying to gather together some good Kaldaran type food from what already exists. Mead anyone?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 05:32 PM CDT
Sounds like a great idea! <laugh> We need to think up some Kaldar Drinking Games for the party...

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 10:14 PM CDT
There was lava samite fabric sold at the hollow eve festival.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/02/2011 10:37 PM CDT
<Do you think they'd let us design the food? Even if not, I bet we could have some fun trying to gather together some good Kaldaran type food from what already exists>

I'm not sure how much 'designing' the food we'd be able to do, especially since I'm planning on a Prince's wedding package vs. a Queen's (Queen's is just too much money atm, with Kanton's/Gnome and Hollow Eve coming soon)(Unless of course some of you would like to GoA me a share, which might allow us to do the big 'un), but if I can get ahold of any of the logs from Belladzia's old meeting I know she had tables full of Albarian food and drink (If anyone has a log I'd love to see it, I know I lost mine when my old computer melted down).

The winners of the food/drink contest have to still be up here on the forums somewhere so we can always check those. Other than that specific time period the only Albarian food/drink items that I can remember were the Kaldar breakfast eggs (hard-boiled, wrapped in ham, battered and deep fried) from Theren fest I and the Gorbesh mountain lager from Uwresari's private room at last year's Hollow Eve.

I probably won't be setting this up for any earlier than November so we've got some time to track some items down.

<We need to think up some Kaldar Drinking Games for the party...>
It's called empty Jere's keg; he brought the traditional Albarian game with him when he arrived in Kermoria and has been playing it ever since.

Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 12:56 AM CDT
>>We need to think up some Kaldar Drinking Games for the party...

Drinking games, definitely. Also, today I played a dice game for the first time, and realized that it's supposed to be a Kaldar game (ivory knuckles sold at Tisk's wagon). If anyone has some of those we should give it a shot.

>>The winners of the food/drink contest have to still be up here on the forums somewhere so we can always check those.

Remind me closer to the time and I'll dig through some posts. We can also do some brainstorming for new ideas...

>>the Kaldar breakfast eggs (hard-boiled, wrapped in ham, battered and deep fried)

Hee, it's a Scotch egg! Common in the UK. :)

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 07:05 AM CDT
== Kaldar Drinking Game Rules: Round 1 ==

You have to take one drink when anyone:

- says Back in Albaria ...
- says Where's the keg/booze/alcohol?

You have to take two drinks when anyone:

- says Who wants to spar?
- says Anyone have a spare Gorbesh catapult basket?
- makes a joke about a Gnome

You have to take three drinks if:

- You don't speak in Gorbesh
- You don't hail the host (Jerecis) within the first minute of introduction

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 08:22 AM CDT
I like Vyraka's suggestion, with only one addition

3 drinks every time someone mentions icesilk.
Malkien
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 08:37 AM CDT
<<3 drinks every time someone mentions icesilk.

oooh! That's a good one!

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 10:14 AM CDT
>>oooh! That's a good one!

24 hours Vyraka. Then that Scorpion will be OURS.
Malkien
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 10:28 AM CDT
Alright well, I've already recieved a couple offers of a bit of money over GoA for the Queen's package, so that's looking a little more likely than it was last night. If anyone else is interested please let me know (AIM JSThrasher) If I can get enough so that the package doesn't whoop my bank account I'd definately be willing to set that up. And of course anyone who does help out with the cost will get something for it.

Queen's package will give us the food/drink we're looking for, and I'll have to read the guidelines to make sure but if I remember right there are 20 created items as well. With a little luck and an understanding GM I think we might be able to get some really nice Albarian/Kaldar/Gnome stuff made up for prizes/gifts/whatever. (This is where the people who contributed money will get something, can design an item for each person at the very least).

-player of
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 01:52 PM CDT
Someone's gonna have to get married too.

Vyraka, time for us to take one for the team.

Oh wait, or were you already getting married and thinking of upgrading to a bigger package for the items?
Malkien
Re: Possible Albarian party 09/03/2011 06:23 PM CDT
<<If anyone else is interested please let me know (AIM JSThrasher) If I can get enough so that the package doesn't whoop my bank account

Jerecis - let's talk tomorrow.

<<Someone's gonna have to get married too.
<<Vyraka, time for us to take one for the team.

I'm not sure I want take one for the team - especially if you're going to be waving your pike around... :-P

[==Vyraka==]