Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/22/2011 09:43 PM CDT

Heyo all, wanted to see if we could get our Kaldar/Gnome monthly meetings started up again, think it helps a lot to get together and talk about what we'd really like to see before we bring things to Raesh.

Planning on having one Sunday, September 4th at 5pm est in the clearing in Wolf Clan. Mostly just an IC reaquainting with each other since it's been a bit since our last one.

That said I'd really love if people could come up with a few ideas of what they'd really like to see in Albarian development. (And yes, favors from the Ten are off the table)

Let me know how the time/date works for everyone, would like to get as many as we can at these.

Oritai Jerecis Luyovathe, Siron vaz Wena

P.S. I know I just said I like to talk to everyone before putting ideas to Raesh but just going to put one out there:
Raesh, was wondering if there would be any chance you could talk to the owner of Misensor Goods. (assuming it will be back this Hollow Eve) Would love to see a few war icons based on the Ten. (Maybe Tieheq, Xosiurion, Sieben or Aniek. They seem like our 'dark' gods.

Oh. And Kaldar-only war-mammoth mounts. (Had to ask for Maulem's sake since he isn't around to do it himself)
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/23/2011 05:13 AM CDT
Saturdays are better for me since I'm a day ahead of the US. (5pm EST = 9am Monday for me.) That said, it's not a huge deal -- I will make an effort to be there.

How are we planning the IC/OOC split? First some IC hanging out and then OOC chatting?

Looking forward to it!

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 02:21 AM CDT
>>Heyo all, wanted to see if we could get our Kaldar/Gnome monthly meetings started up again

Always happy to see interest in the Kaldars.

>>Planning on having one Sunday, September 4th at 5pm est

Unfortunately, I cannot make that time -- I have family in town for that one week and we've already made plans. That said, if someone posts a log I'll be happy to offer feedback on the forums.

>>favors from the Ten are off the table

Buwahahahahahaha

>>Misensor Goods

Buwahahahahahaha^2

>>Kaldar-only war-mammoth mounts.

Believe it or not, I've already inquired about this and was quite quickly smote. Sorry.

That said, IMHO it is a good time to be a Kaldar, and I've got a few projects in the works for you guys I'm really excited about.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 02:23 AM CDT
Actually, come to think of it, some of those secret projects aren't a secret anymore... but you'll need to find someone from the con who was both paying attention when I talked about them and has since sobered up.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 02:49 AM CDT
>>Actually, come to think of it, some of those secret projects aren't a secret anymore... but you'll need to find someone from the con who was both paying attention when I talked about them and has since sobered up.

Darn it, why does Shavay have to play an Eloth? :'(

Seriously, you can't give us anything, even though it's been weeks since the Con? Am I going to have to beg?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 06:53 AM CDT
I long ago excised all pity. I am unmoved by begging.

Let's see...

There's the thing.

And the other thing.

And a third thing.

And the BIG thing.

And the other thing that might go with the earlier thing...

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 08:45 AM CDT
>>Believe it or not, I've already inquired about this and was quite quickly smote. Sorry.

Is it explicitly "war mammoths" that was smote or the idea of any large-sized mount that would be Kaldar[/Gorbesh, heh heh] only?
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 09:33 AM CDT
>>Actually, come to think of it, some of those secret projects aren't a secret anymore... but you'll need to find someone from the con who was both paying attention when I talked about them and has since sobered up.

>Darn it, why does Shavay have to play an Eloth? :'(

My Trader is a Kaldar, actually.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 09:42 AM CDT
Mammoths in general.

Also Shavay fails. Try uh... Taghz or Tyrael maybe.

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/24/2011 01:58 PM CDT
>>Also Shavay fails.

Actually Raesh didn't talk about Kaldar at all; he was too busy protesting that he is not actually a Bard while explaining all the cool Bard things he's working on.

Or I just didn't ask/wasn't paying attention. That might work too. But still the Bard thing.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/25/2011 12:41 AM CDT
>>Also Shavay fails. Try uh... Taghz or Tyrael maybe.

Okay. I'm telling them to blame you for me stalking them.

>>My Trader is a Kaldar, actually.

<3

But if I ever see you I'm still punching you in the arm for not grilling him. :-p

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/25/2011 12:30 PM CDT
"That said, IMHO it is a good time to be a Kaldar, and I've got a few projects in the works for you guys I'm really excited about."

Thanks for making me smile this morning! Personally thought, anytime was a good time to be a Kaldar! Looking forward to whatever it is planned out, for our race.

~Wyns
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/25/2011 04:59 PM CDT
>>That said, IMHO it is a good time to be a Kaldar, and I've got a few projects in the works for you guys I'm really excited about.

Looking forward to it and looking forward to seeing some friendly Kaldaran faces on at the meeting.

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/27/2011 10:00 AM CDT
<<Planning on having one Sunday, September 4th at 5pm est

I am tentatively planning on being there. The only thing that would prevent me is some spontaneous family event that I can not avoid.

I look forward to the meeting!

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 01:45 AM CDT
>>Raesh, was wondering if there would be any chance you could talk to the owner of Misensor Goods. (assuming it will be back this Hollow Eve) Would love to see a few war icons based on the Ten. (Maybe Tieheq, Xosiurion, Sieben or Aniek. They seem like our 'dark' gods.

I was thinking about this... aside from war icons, is there anything else you'd like to see themed around the 10 in particular?

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 01:57 AM CDT
> aside from war icons, is there anything else you'd like to see themed around the 10 in particular?

Favors. <ducks>
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 02:58 AM CDT
I'm going to smite you so hard.

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 03:42 AM CDT
>>I was thinking about this... aside from war icons, is there anything else you'd like to see themed around the 10 in particular?

Hmm. I think wooden amulets might be interesting. The standard Kaldar noob-gear comes with a wooden amulet, and it has always stuck with me. (I even had mine altered.) Also, if there were any other decorative item I'd ever picture them wearing, it would be bracers.

Though in general, I personally don't see the Ten as quite as iconic as the Thirteen (who seem to like to see their animal avatars EVERYWHERE). It seems to me more like a Kaldar honors Eimeuz by crafting something well, Tieheq by fighting fiercely, etc.

According to the general Viking theme of Kaldars, I also like the idea of runic inscriptions on items. So perhaps, rather than visual images, there would be some few words (runes) to inspire the wearer to Tieheq's fierceness, etc.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 11:39 AM CDT
<According to the general Viking theme of Kaldars, I also like the idea of runic inscriptions on items. So perhaps, rather than visual images, there would be some few words (runes) to inspire the wearer to Tieheq's fierceness, etc.>

I totally agree here, would love to see something along the lines of simple amulets/bracers/torques and such with a Albarian runes for the different gods. Maybe attach some sort of small skill/stat bonus to the item as well, charge-based (more realistically) or not (Pleeeeeease?), something of the magnitude of the items from the too-dark-to-see shop at Hallows with the tentacles/monkey paws/rune-inscribed stones. Would be great if they were Kaldar/Gnome only but I can see where this might pose a problem.

I'd also love to see more generalized Ten stuff, no specific god or godess depicted. Just something along the lines of a 'tabard emblazoned with icons of the Ten' or something like that.

Oh, and a horn that summons a rimewolf companion pet; and War Icons...

-player of
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 11:54 AM CDT
>>I'd also love to see more generalized Ten stuff, no specific god or godess depicted. Just something along the lines of a 'tabard emblazoned with icons of the Ten' or something like that.

So far as I know, canonically, there is no specific symbol for the Ten. (Of course, I don't believe there is for the Thirteen either, though I could be wrong) While your suggestion would work, I'm not sure how elegant a solution that is, particularly if you're going to want that sort of thing on multiple items. I'll ponder it, but I'm also open to suggestions.

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 12:08 PM CDT
>>So far as I know, canonically, there is no specific symbol for the Ten.

A diverse group of Albarian deities kicking a mist shrouded tree.
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 12:37 PM CDT
<A diverse group of Albarian deities kicking a mist shrouded tree.>

I love it!

<So far as I know, canonically, there is no specific symbol for the Ten.>

Oh, wasn't talking about a single symbol for all Ten. More of items that had multiple images in the LOOK (or some such), but where the TAP would show 'emblazoned with icons of the Ten'

Also, any items with the words 'Albarian', 'Kaldaran' or 'Gorbesh' in the TAP. Doesn't even really matter which items they are, just would love to see some more generally-racial items.

-player of
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 03:41 PM CDT
It's not an original suggestion in this thread, but... favors!
Malkien
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 08/31/2011 06:38 PM CDT
<<So far as I know, canonically, there is no specific symbol for the Ten.

I designed a full suit of armor (body, accessories, etc.) a while back to get altered -- although I never did.

Here is what it looked like.

|| Tap ||

a lustrious scale shirt with chased lunate pauldrons (lamellar armor)

|| look ||

Multitudes of decagonal blued-steel scales, repoussed with a geometric mandala of the Gorbesh pantheon, form a lamellated barrier around the torso and arms. Chased whorled pauldrons protrude laterally from the shoulders and frame a fitted polished breastplate. Stamped centrally on the breastplate is a stylized depiction of a battle sphere encircled by an undulating serpent afront a silhouette of the Stormcrest Mountains.

Yeah - I know - wordy...but the geometric mandala is how I usually see a symbol of the ten.

<<aside from war icons, is there anything else you'd like to see themed around the 10 in particular?

I've always wanted my own flippable (throwable) medallion. Heads - Xosiurion, Tails - Sieben. Heads - Merion, Tails - Misiumos, and so forth. Or heck -- just make one item. A medallion with a spinnable pointer that randomly lands on a deity's symbol -- like a magic 8 Ball.

I'm ponder some more things overnight.

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/01/2011 01:51 AM CDT
>>I've always wanted my own flippable (throwable) medallion. Heads - Xosiurion, Tails - Sieben.

This is a fantastic idea.

>>geometric mandala

I think this might be a little too... busy? I honestly don't know of a good solution for combining all gods into one image. Maybe if it were ten runes instead of ten images?

>>However if it would work well enough for most of you I was planning on pushing it back a week at the same time and seeing everyone then.

Fine by me. :)

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/01/2011 01:55 AM CDT
Weapons please.

An official composite bow would make me die of happiness. Like, really, just a bow that has the word "Gorbesh" or "Kaldar" in its look description and appraises better than fair/fair or fair/reasonably. Put it in Hollow's Eve if you have to so that you can justify a better appraisal. I assume that better weapons will be available with new fletching, as with new forging for weapons and armor, so plan ahead and really load those stats man, load those stats.

I was disappointed to see that the two composite bows available as end prizes during the Gnome Quest were the "standard" fair/resonable, given that all the melee weapon stats and armor stats were heavily upgraded.
Malkien
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/01/2011 02:11 AM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Weapon:Refurbished_black_gorbesh_composite_bow_with_tips_fashioned_in_gold

Like that?

Otherwise missile weapons are uh... a bit odd right now. To enough of a degree you're unlikely to see a truly extraordinary example of one until after the 3.0 upgrades.

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/01/2011 04:05 AM CDT
>get bow
You get a refurbished black Gorbesh composite bow with tips fashioned in gold from inside your oilcloth rucksack.
>

I got that one, want something better. Every single "elite" composite bow is essentially one step above store-bought, and well below fletched longbows or shortbows. I wasn't even asking for something above and beyond currently fletched, even just comparable to it. I can understand if bows are considered OP still though.
Malkien
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/01/2011 10:50 AM CDT
>Weapons please.

A HE or 2HE axe of cleavingness with a Kaldaran tribal design or runes along the haft and/or perhaps etched into the blade...

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/02/2011 11:03 AM CDT
I'd really love to see some Kaldar/Albarian specific crafting material. I saw Kaldaran samite on an NPC once at a party at Ulf'hara (this was prior to Bella becoming our champion, so a while back), and while I would love to see more of that from what I understand it's a dead-item now since the GM who owned it is gone. However, anything along those lines would be great; mammoth leather, some sort of Kaldar-specific wool blend would seem to fit really well with our outdoors-y feel.

Also along those lines, Albarian Steel. Seems to me that one of the most warlike and successful races in Elanthian history would have put the effort into crafting the best weapons possible. As far as makeup I could see it being a pattern-welded blend, part cobalt steel for hardness and edge and a smaller part a more ductile high-nickel steel for a nice balance between hardness and durability. This would also give it a very disctintive look, allowing for it to be placed in an item description without running into the 'how-do-you-know-it's-Albarian-steel' issue.

Not asking for any godlike-type weapons, maybe just forged-quality (though if you wanted to release a REALLY nice one as an auction item or quest prize I certainly wouldn't object) that us Albarians could be proud to call our own.

-player of
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/02/2011 12:20 PM CDT
>>I saw Kaldaran samite on an NPC once at a party at Ulf'hara (this was prior to Bella becoming our champion, so a while back), and while I would love to see more of that from what I understand it's a dead-item now since the GM who owned it is gone.

Just because the GM who created it is gone doesn't automatically mean it's a "dead" material, otherwise we'd have far more of those. That said, in this case, it doesn't exist. The one example of it out there was on a GMNPC who was a Kaldar, who happened to be wearing samite. Said samite was likely even made by a Kaldar. That said, Albarian Lace (also found on that particular dress) does exist.

As for the metal, you should talk to Kodius. I believe he's still looking for suggestions for additional metals and stones.

-Raesh

Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 07:46 PM CDT
<<aside from war icons, is there anything else you'd like to see themed around the 10 in particular?

So serious suggestion -- it's weapon related but not necessarily a weapon.

How about a staff harness-like container devoted to Tieheq? He wielded a greatsword in one hand, a spear in another. I think it would be both appropriate and useful.

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 07:52 PM CDT
<How about a staff harness-like container devoted to Tieheq? He wielded a greatsword in one hand, a spear in another. I think it would be both appropriate and useful.>

A cross-strapped mammoth leather baldric.
Very long, not exceptionally wide. Along the lines of a mesh weapon harness and the like.

-player of
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 08:24 PM CDT
<<A cross-strapped mammoth leather baldric

Is that altered or sold in a shop?

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 08:28 PM CDT
Kaldar need combat tutus.

:P

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 08:29 PM CDT
<Is that altered or sold in a shop?>

Oh, it's neither. Just my idea for what you were talking about.
Re: Meetings, meetings, meetings! 09/03/2011 08:54 PM CDT
>>How about a staff harness-like container devoted to Tieheq?

I think it sounds good. :)

I think it also goes well with my feeling that the Kaldar are perhaps not as "visual image" oriented when it comes to their gods. I think owning items that resonate with a certain god, such as this harness, are far more their style.

-- Player of Eyuve