Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/08/2015 03:46 PM CDT
[The Humanist, Mivamaen]
A simple white display rests in the center of the shop, just beneath a large oaken sign that is suspended from the ceiling by iron chains. Pale furs are sewn together into a rug that covers the majority of the floor, lending a touch of warmth and softness to the otherwise sparse decor. You also see an informational notice regarding placement of mivamaen, a materials symbolism chart and a white door.
Obvious exits: none.

You see Omlk, a Human.
Omlk has a square face, close-set amber eyes and a classical nose. His auburn hair is long and curly, and is worn loose. He has leathery skin and a thin build.
He is average height for a Human.
He appears to be archaic.
He has an elaborate arrangement of piercings in the flesh surrounding both of his eyes. Long, thin spikes of iron alternate with matching rings along his eyebrows before the design turns back beneath the eyes, terminating upon the cheekbones with a cluster of smaller, semi-blunted barbs.

_______

Those of you going to Hollow Eve can join Historian Zelka for a discussion of her research into the Human tradition of facial jewelry, also known as mivamaen, in the Upper Abdomen Lounge.

Sat, October 24, 2pm (Plat)
Sat, October 31, 2pm (Prime)

Zelka will also be making another appearance to do a few alterations to mivamaen!

Check out FESTIVAL and the calendar for more info.

-Persida
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/08/2015 04:09 PM CDT
OH MY GOD HUMANS HAVE LORE

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/08/2015 04:19 PM CDT
>>OH MY GOD HUMANS HAVE LORE

IT BEGINS.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/08/2015 05:15 PM CDT
Just to help the visualization, could you do a google image search on what you think that looks like?

Because I used to hang out with a lot of people who were super into body mod, and...that could any of a ton of very distinct looks.
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/08/2015 05:38 PM CDT

>>pics?

That's really something best left until after the event and the shop being open. A lot more information will be available regarding mivamaen then, and I don't want to spoil it all just yet by getting into significant discussion :)

If folks still have this sort of request after all of that, though, I'll be happy to revisit it then!

-Persida
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 10/09/2015 10:03 AM CDT

Pretty cool! I'll have to see more to know if it's something that would be applicable to my Cleric, but very very excited to see 'human lore' since that's always such a weird subject in online games. Excellent work as always :)
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 02/22/2016 06:23 PM CST
Hi! So I managed to get an alteration of my Mivamaen, however, my life has changed a bit and I am now wanting another, I am wondering how I would go about trying to find the fantastic Mivamaen merchant that assisted me at the HE to once again give me a new unique look. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brenna
Re: Mivamaen -- a teaser 02/22/2016 06:26 PM CST
Probably wait for the next Hollow Eve and see if they show up there or wait for them to show up in the seacaves or something.

They might be alterable with LTB scrolls like other facial jewelry as well.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs