State of Elanthia: Human Interest Edition 08/13/2014 08:51 AM CDT
Despite the best efforts of oversized fish, napalm-like flying chicken, trivia games, and whatever has turned my voice into a really great impression of George Burns filtered through a Muppet, I have survived con, which means I live yet to champion the Human cause into the future!

Since this wasn't something that came up much at con, I wanted to go ahead and give you my updates here.

It's been about a year since I've been the Human Champ, and I know it's been a quiet one overall from what you've been able to see. In some aspects, this has been due to the inevitable onslaught of Other Projects (tm), and I won't even pretend that's not the case, but the seeming quiet has by far not been the sole product of actual delays.

When I took on this role, one of my biggest personal reasons for doing so was to get things into a place where Humans can start to feel more like they can have a racial identity beyond being the default baseline to which all of the other races get their 'cool bits' added. There's a lot of Human history and lore already out there, but it often has been presented in such a way that a lots of its Human-ness is easily glossed over, if only in practice and not intention.

So, what I've been doing is digging through it all. Compiling bits, looking for holes, looking for areas to expand and expound upon, esoteric things, neat things, ALL THE THINGS! It's been pretty time consuming, and I'm not quite as done as I wanted to be, but I'm getting to the point where I finally can move to the next parts.

And moving I am!

If last year was the year of background work, this year is the year of the foreground.

PS: The Human racial instruments project is not dead, it just went into hibernation for a bit due to, well, Things (tm). Once Evike and I are both really back from our post-con shenanigans, announcement will occur.

-Persida
Re: State of Elanthia: Human Interest Edition 08/14/2014 12:11 AM CDT
>When I took on this role, one of my biggest personal reasons for doing so was to get things into a place where Humans can start to feel more like they can have a racial identity beyond being the default baseline to which all of the other races get their 'cool bits' added. There's a lot of Human history and lore already out there, but it often has been presented in such a way that a lots of its Human-ness is easily glossed over, if only in practice and not intention.

Yes sounds great.

Totally forgot about the human instrument deal. Glad you didn't :).

Have a good one.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.