Human Cultural Instrument Contest 11/13/2013 07:38 PM CST
Greetings, Humans.

Take me to your lead.. no wait. I already talked to your leader. She said I could totally do a contest for you!

Yay I love contests.

So here we go --

In the vein of the recent Prydaen cultural instruments that were released, and the already existing Elven instruments (HE shop 'A Cultured Attire') we want to know what kind of instruments you'd like to see be culturally significant to humans!

You may submit as many entries as you like.
The instrument should make sense for the Dragonrealms game genre (Renaissance/Medievalish in nature, sorry, no space laser guitars).
Names of instruments may need to be changed to fit the genre.
I prefer that you pick an instrument we DON'T already have, but it won't disqualify you if you do (just make sure its not already culturally significant to another culture).

Give as much information as you can on where the instrument came from. Did it originate in a specific clan? What was the instrument used for? What does the instrument generally look like? If its a stringed instrument, what is the average number of strings it has? What is the instrument usually made out of? (ex. The kerfluteful is normally made of wood, but can also be made of metal, glass or crystal). Basically, information for an instrument recall. (You absolutely can't go wrong with too much information. I'll condense down whatever I need for the winners, its no big)

There will be one winner for each category of instrument, STRINGED, WINDS, and PERCUSSION per instance.
Winners will get a copy of their instrument.

Deadline is Jan 1 2014 by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME <-- IMPORTANT.

Email me, DR-EVIKE@PLAY.NET with the subject HUMAN INSTRUMENT CONTEST -- please make sure to include your account name and instance. Character name is optional.

Good luck!

~Evike
Re: Human Cultural Instrument Contest 05/01/2014 07:32 AM CDT
Good morning,

I was wondering if the winners for this contest were selected? I'm kind of proud of my entry and I'm still hoping I won! ;)

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Human Cultural Instrument Contest 05/01/2014 08:06 PM CDT
Not yet. It got moved a bit to my backburner with some things that came up both IRL and in game life. With Guildfest coming up, I hope to a released list out if not before Guildfest, immediately following.

Thanks for your patience, guys :)

~Evike
Re: Human Cultural Instrument Contest 05/02/2014 08:07 AM CDT
>space laser guitars

your stock just went way up
Re: Human Cultural Instrument Contest 05/02/2014 08:21 AM CDT
I'm definintely going use that for a band name

the question is should the band be more like Black Flag, Earth Wind and Fire, or REO Speedwagon

I'm thinking a white Earth Wind and Fire (funked up space suits - plus I'm jewISH), featuring Slash(FANG) on guitar, and Milo (from Descendents) on lead vocals

i would pay at least $10 to see that band

Click
http://tinyurl.com/ctasbmf