Humans - age 10/20/2013 05:36 PM CDT
This may have been asked before, more than likely has, but I haven't found the post. According to the race portion of the humans max age is 100. What happens if your human character reaches 100. Do they die off or are effected at all?
Re: Humans - age 10/20/2013 06:29 PM CDT
>This may have been asked before, more than likely has, but I haven't found the post. According to the race portion of the humans max age is 100. What happens if your human character reaches 100. Do they die off or are effected at all?

Nothing happens. There's never been any code related to it.

Also there was a lore retcon awhile ago and humans now live to 200, anyway.
Re: Humans - age 10/20/2013 07:07 PM CDT
There is a bit of details within the age series of verbs.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Humans - age 10/20/2013 08:18 PM CDT

The post in regard to age with a breakdown per race:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Races%20of%20DragonRealms/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/99

Also if you type in game:

AGE: A quick readout of your character's apparent age, life cycle and age modification.
AGE CYCLE: Information and options for selecting among the natural life cycles available for your race.
AGE INFO: Extended information about aging in DragonRealms.

Help and informational documents were all updated last year to be current. Try them out!

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Humans - age 10/21/2013 01:20 PM CDT
>>KM7: This may have been asked before, more than likely has, but I haven't found the post. According to the race portion of the humans max age is 100. What happens if your human character reaches 100. Do they die off or are effected at all?

Elanthipedia has a good summary of the aging mechanics, including the apparent age (under both normal and longevity cycles) of all races.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Age

>>Simply put, age has no mechanical function. Senescence never hinders your character's skills, and your character will not be deleted when he reaches some cut-off age. Your character can be a thousand years old and will still be available when you want to log in.

>>This effective immortality is a gameplay consideration only: while DragonRealms is a role-playing game, we recognize not everyone enjoys the same level of immersion in the environment. For our role-players, it's important to realize this is not reflected in the setting. Characters on Elanthia grow up, grow feeble, and then eventually pass on. Magical longevity and immortality exist, but they are rare prizes to be fought for rather than a simple given.

"All hail Elanthipedia."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html