More Human than Human 08/27/2013 05:45 AM CDT
Hello my humanly Human friends (and/or nosy people from other races)!

Some of you may know me from other events or from here on the forums, but with Raesh's announcement making things all official-like, I wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Hi! I'm GameMaster Persida of the Events team, and I'm here to assist you all in taking over the world.

Oh wait, wrong notes. Let me try that part again.

Hi! I'm GameMaster Persida of the Events team, and I'm here to, well, help Humans feel more Human.

I'm not quite entirely ready to reveal my hand on how exactly I plan on doing that, but here are some of the areas I'm (very) broadly looking to cover:

* Helping to more clearly define what it really means to be Human in DR, as opposed to just Human as a player.
* Giving opportunities to further explore and expand Human culture as a racial culture.
* Gathering player feedback about things you might want to see / know more about / participate in regarding Human culture and history.

I am frequently not the post-iest poster in all of GMland, but I do read the forums very regularly, and I intend to keep you all up to date as things come down the pipeline. I hope to hear your ideas, and I look forward to sharing my own with you in less complete vagueness here in the future.

I encourage you to start posting regarding what you want to see from me, or from/about Humans in DR in general.

... and maybe I did mean it about taking over the world. Maybe.

- Persida
Re: More Human than Human 08/27/2013 10:30 AM CDT

Great to have you on board, looking forward to just about anything you could come up with in those categories.
Re: More Human than Human 08/27/2013 04:59 PM CDT
Persida,

This is great news!

I'm hoping we can definitely see more culturally oriented things.. as in a development of that culture. Humans are so... average.. For instance, Elves have their lofty stare. It'd be neat if some of the basic verbs had something special for us.

Some examples:

Bob laughs merrily, his eyes lighting up with joy!
Bob squints with a furrowed brow.
Bob gives an exasperated sigh.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: More Human than Human 08/27/2013 08:37 PM CDT
Yes, my human is well... Not played very often and may very well (and very likely) be under 10th circle [completely my fault], however give this frequent elf player a chance to take a break from the awesomeness of elves and wonder into the greatness of the non-average human-kind.

You know you want to.

Ohh and thanks for coming on and pushing for this GREATNESS.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: More Human than Human 08/30/2013 01:10 AM CDT
a human hail : triple-fist bump handshake with a fade-away snap into a normal snap finished with a winking pointing at you gun-hand with a silent boom hand sprinkle thing

I guess the other races would frown on us cause we look lumpy or bland, but really all the other silly races were created for the amusement of humans, or enslavement. <- True Story

We need like human lore- what really happens to elves when they die, and maybe some crazy made-up creation stories

We're a versatile and adaptable people, I'd say suprisingly so to other races the way we're often looked down on. Or maybe we just have a limited intelligence due to the lack of a prominent mountain-sized forehead.

The whole human clans things... I always felt that could've been expanded on as far as history or stuff, but I guess they've pretty much merged into modern civilization except for the Wolf clan and Gypsies right?

We're so cool, even Lanival wanted to be a Human.

Re: More Human than Human 08/30/2013 06:56 AM CDT
>>a human hail : triple-fist bump handshake with a fade-away snap into a normal snap finished with a winking pointing at you gun-hand with a silent boom hand sprinkle thing

That just made me laugh so hard my wife came in the room to check on me.

When she saw it was just DR stuff, she was not impressed.

* Zadraes was just swallowed out of existence by Elanthia.
Re: More Human than Human 09/30/2013 02:49 AM CDT
<* Gathering player feedback about things you might want to see / know more about / participate in regarding Human culture and history.>

More Gamgweth. Lots more Gamgweth.

I'd really love if the language were made more its own thing, especially in its grammar (which as it stands is deeply unsatisfying, in an Esperanto-ish sort of way), but I'd settle for more vocabulary. But then again I'm a languages dork anyhow.

R. Kersauzon
Re: More Human than Human 09/30/2013 02:02 PM CDT
A substantive change to the structure of Gamgweth grammar is very unlikely. It's a very long standing thing, and extremely pervasive in its in game references. Vocabulary additions are much more likely though!

-Persida
Re: More Human than Human 09/30/2013 02:20 PM CDT
I would still kill to get some kind of player participation in DR languages. ALAE for language construction!

There's got to be a good handful of linguists and philologists here who would be interested in participating.
Re: More Human than Human 10/01/2013 12:05 PM CDT
>A substantive change to the structure of Gamgweth grammar is very unlikely.

I was thinking more "further elaboration on what already exists", rather than outright changes - I'm certainly not expecting anything that's already been established to change. But that still leaves a great deal of open space. Especially in the area of irregulars, which to me are always some of the most delicious things about a language.

>I would still kill to get some kind of player participation in DR languages. ALAE for language construction!

>There's got to be a good handful of linguists and philologists here who would be interested in participating.

*sits at the back with one hand raised and the other scribbling furiously*

R. Kersauzon