Re: race champions 08/14/2010 01:18 AM CDT
<<What am I, chopped liver?

:-( GM Tiesse>>

Er well no, but well I had no idea you were our race guru. (champions makes me think of Wheaties)

I know you are very busy and wear many hats but what do you think should happen to culturate us Humans? How can we help you? We...I can't be the only Human who wants to do more than snap and speak Gamgweth.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: race champions 08/14/2010 01:20 AM CDT
I though the snap rewrite was pretty awesome.

...but I also won the contest. So I might be biased.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: race champions 08/14/2010 01:48 AM CDT
>I know you are very busy and wear many hats but what do you think should happen to culturate us Humans? How can we help you? We...I can't be the only Human who wants to do more than snap and speak Gamgweth.

My two main goals for Humans are to complete Gamgweth and work on fleshing out the rest of the clans. I do have stuff planned, but it's honestly on too big of a scale and too abstract to really discuss in a public forum without fear of someone misquoting me or taking my word for bond.

If anyone has any ideas, you are more than welcome to post them here or email me at DR-TIESSE@PLAY.NET. As several people know, I'm more than willing to help sponsor IG books written by players. If that's something that strikes your fancy, you can certainly email DR-LIBRARIES@PLAY.NET and cc me. :-)

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: race champions 08/14/2010 02:00 AM CDT
What's 'completing' Gamgweth entail?

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: race champions 08/17/2010 05:27 PM CDT
How about Roping as a human skill? As a take-off from rodeo trick roping contests, we can create various "forms" much the way haflings can create various smoke pictures. However, rather than keep this merely as a decorative skill, we could used roping to snare or stumble critters. All races would have some access to this to a degree, but humans being the most adept would allow them a longer or more complex effect on the critter, such as to actually "capture" the critter for extended periods of time.
Re: race champions 08/19/2010 06:14 PM CDT
Sounds like a ranger ability to me and not a race specific one.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: race champions 08/19/2010 06:34 PM CDT
Loiter, lounge, and relax verbs. We're the casual race, we need better ways to stretch and relax because we're better than everyone else and should take it easy on them.

Someone tell Jaedren to make it official lore that elves grow on trees and that's why they're born with a stick up their butt.

An old cranky ogre with no legs says, "Naarg wives all this Naarg wives now."
Re: race champions 08/19/2010 08:45 PM CDT
And all Prydaens come from Japan. Hello, Kitty.

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer