SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:30 PM CDT
Greetings!

The new version of the SNAP verb is now live in all instances. You can type SNAP HELP for details. Humans will see the full list of emotes and instructions, whereas non-Humans will just see the standard information. There are a few notable changes:

- All races can now perform the basic snap ("You snap your fingers."). If a non-Human attempts one of the emotes, he will get the old messaging about why it's not possible for members of his race.

- There is a new function of snap, "snap body." All races can also partake in this version.

- There are dozens of new emotes available for Humans only.

- A bug was fixed with "snap command" that was causing it to do weird things.

Many thanks to GM Gazlo for helping out with the "body" options and to GM Zeyurn for the speedy QC work. :) Feel free to post if you find any errors that need to be fixed.

Enjoy!

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:33 PM CDT
>> If a non-Human attempts one of the emotes, he will get the old messaging about why it's not possible for members of his race.

Does this still show the unique messaging to everyone else based on race (like your fingers twitching as an Elf)? I really liked that.

Thanks for this. I'm kinda glad my Elf can snap her fingers voluntarily now.

Rev. Reene

SEND[Abasha] I will kill you :D
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:44 PM CDT
awesome!!!!

Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:48 PM CDT
Love it love it.

snap body head doesn't seem to be working though?

===
Les laughs and says, "Now go! Kill!"
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:48 PM CDT
>>Does this still show the unique messaging to everyone else based on race (like your fingers twitching as an Elf)? I really liked that.

>snap finger
You rub your furry fingers together but don't get very far.

>snap hdkfjadf
You rub your furry fingers together but don't get very far.

Whether that's a bug or not you can still get the old messaging to show up =P
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 10:58 PM CDT
>Does this still show the unique messaging to everyone else based on race (like your fingers twitching as an Elf)? I really liked that.

Yes, any time you try anything other than the basic snap or snap body, you'll get the previous racial messaging.

>snap body head doesn't seem to be working though?

Yeah, that's intentional. It was pointed out to me that it didn't make sense to have it in the list if it didn't do anything, so I took it out. ;)

Congrats to Phii for finding the first bug! I've fixed a few already, but please let me know if you find anything else.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 11:00 PM CDT
Awesome change for everyone all around then. Can't wait to try these with my Human.

Rev. Reene

SEND[Abasha] I will kill you :D
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/08/2009 11:03 PM CDT
You give Tiesse some sass by getting in her face and snapping your fingers, swinging your hand up in an arc while snaking your head.
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/09/2009 08:33 AM CDT
Wasn't there a snap tail option? Was that removed as well?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/09/2009 10:42 AM CDT
oh tail's gone? or just for people without tails? it gave funny messaging
and on the nose, a s'kra doing it sounds painful (and shouldn't it be snout if they have one) heh... though I did notice it said clicked claws across teeth instead of fingers, it's the little touches.

Re: SNAP 2.0 08/09/2009 02:06 PM CDT
>Wasn't there a snap tail option? Was that removed as well?

Head and tail were listed in the instructions, but it was pointed out to me that since people can't actually do anything with these (aside from get messaging for themselves), it didn't make sense to put them there.

>and on the nose, a s'kra doing it sounds painful (and shouldn't it be snout if they have one) heh

I'll see what I can do about adjusting this if it's deemed necessary.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: SNAP 2.0 08/09/2009 02:10 PM CDT
Could you add a tail snap?

Sort of like a whip crack motion with it?

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/09/2009 02:22 PM CDT
>Could you add a tail snap?

Honestly, that would probably be more fitting for either the Prydaen or S'Kra Mur TAIL verb.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: SNAP 2.0 08/10/2009 12:32 PM CDT
Wonderful update Tiesse!
Humans FTW.

Vindicator Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/10/2009 01:04 PM CDT
Found a bug in snap fail when viewed by a human that is not the target of the snap. It comes out as:

XX scowls and shakes her head at YY head while snapping rapidly.

Submitted a bug report in game, as well.

ps: New snaps rock, even if you broke my heart by giving the basic snap to everyone.
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/10/2009 05:15 PM CDT
You can still snap tail and head, they just aren't on the list

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: SNAP 2.0 08/10/2009 05:19 PM CDT
any of the new snaps work on non players? monsters, npcs, items, etc...
and any easter eggs for us to hunt out?
I also thought the the snap body head/tail were funny, and feel they should be left in there.
I could think of more too... snap body finger or snap body fingers. pull your finger til it pops, or weave your your fingers then push the palms away.

again thanks for this, new super-snaps, I really enjoy them, and it's fun to use(plus new ways to emote, that are perfect for most situations). also seeing the annoy option on the list made me really happy.

>snap fail power
>
You're a loser!
>

Re: SNAP 2.0 08/10/2009 07:32 PM CDT
>Found a bug in snap fail when viewed by a human that is not the target of the snap.

This should be fixed now.

>any of the new snaps work on non players? monsters, npcs, items, etc...

Not in this incarnation, no.

>and any easter eggs for us to hunt out?

Not really, no. You might find some fun messaging from trying the different options with yourself as a designated person, but that's about it. As a player, it always irked me that all of the options weren't listed in SNAP HELP before, so I wanted to make sure everything was out on the table when I rewrote it. ;)

>I also thought the the snap body head/tail were funny, and feel they should be left in there.

As Mozzik said, you can still actually try to do the head or tail options and get the same messaging. They're just not listed in the HELP because they don't produce room messaging.

>I could think of more too... snap body finger or snap body fingers. pull your finger til it pops, or weave your your fingers then push the palms away.

Maybe for SNAP 3.0. :)

Glad you guys are enjoying things!

-- GM Tiesse