SNAP Contest Winners! 12/17/2008 03:53 PM CST
Heyo!

My apologies for not posting this sooner, but I got a bit tied up with some other things. Thanks so much to all the participants and their creative entries. Even if your name isn't mentioned here, there's a chance you might see your submission as part of the new and improved SNAP verb. I'm happy to announce that there was a tie for first, one second place winner, and a tie for third! I won't be listing the entire submission for each person, but participants are welcome to post their entries if they desire. Onward!

FIRST PLACE:

Megwyn, for SNAP IDEA, and Cyiarriah, for SNAP <BODY PART>!

SECOND PLACE:

Posiden, for SNAP APPLAUD!

THIRD PLACE:

Callahan, for SNAP KNUCKLES, and Drexella, for SNAP TEASE!

HONORABLE MENTIONS go to Sathraine, Dulcinie, Chandose, Derivan, Vlatir, Ignifera, Marsais, Powerhaus, and Iliani!

Congratulations to all the winners! All entries were judged independently of me, so a big thanks to all the GMs who've helped thus far (and will help in the future) with this project. I'd also like to especially thank GM Equity for all of her support and advice since I started with Team Human. I will be in touch with the first/second/third place winners at some point to help them claim their prizes.

Thanks again for all of the submissions, and keep on snappin'!

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: SNAP Contest Winners! 12/17/2008 04:10 PM CST
congrats people

Re: SNAP Contest Winners! 12/17/2008 04:16 PM CST
here's my ideas...

*snap ANNOY <target>

~ You stick your hand in front of <target>'s face and begin to snap repeatedly, . (you see)Powerhaus shoves his hand in your face and begins to snap repeatedly. (non human target see)
Powerhaus shoves his hand in your face and begins to snap repeatedly, that's very annoying! (human target sees)
Powerhaus sticks his hand in front of <target's> face and beings to snap repeatedly, very annoying. (human observer)
Powerhaus sticks his hand in front of <target's> face and beings to snap repeatedly. (non human observer)

OTHER IDEAS:
*snap HACK <target>

~Powerhaus raises his hand and throws it down violently in <target's> face, the pulls it up suddenly with a loud snap. (non human observer)
Powerhaus raises his hand and throws it down violently in <target's> face, the pulls it up suddenly with a loud snap. Oh they've just been Snapped! (human observer)
Powerhaus throws his hand in your face and before you can react he pulls away with a loud SNAP! (what non human target sees)
Powerhaus throws his hand in your face and before you can react he pulls away with a loud SNAP! OH! You've just been Snapped! (what human target sees)

*snap RELAX / COLLAR

~You tug on your clothes while relaxing your muscles, pulling yourself into a rather comfortable position. (you see)Powerhaus adjust his clothes slightly and stretches slightly into a more relaxed position. (human obserever)
Powerhaus looks rather funny, as he grins and begins to twitch slightly. (non human observer)

Re: SNAP Contest Winners! 01/05/2009 02:02 PM CST
Took me awhile to dig up the file, but here's my entry, which I hope you all will enjoy using, either in this or an edited form.

>snap KNUCKLES
You crack a few choice knuckles, liberally flexing and stretching each finger.
Callahan cracks a few choice knuckles, liberally flexing and stretching each finger. (Human Observer)
Callahan flexes his hands, eliciting several sharp cracking sounds. (Non Human Observer)

Although at first glance, this seems similar to PRACTICE STRETCH (You gently crack your knuckles while taking a deep breath, readying yourself), there is a subtle difference that I find particularly Human. While PRACTICE STRETCH is suited for situations of preparation, SNAP KNUCKLES would be a more casual cracking of the knuckles, as in the manner of absent mindedly working the joints.

Take, for example, a spellcaster combating an enemy. Upon downing their foe with some wily finger waggling, it would hardly be fitting to PRACTICE STRETCH, as preparation should have come before spellcasting began. Instead, they would SNAP KNUCKLES, working their gradually stiffening joints back to limberness. Or consider a master locksmith tackling a challenging box. They might PRACTICE STRETCH as they begin, but upon finding a second trap hidden away behind the first, they would then freshen their joints with SNAP KNUCKLES.

Additionally, there is an overall difference in method of joint cracking. The purposeful manipulation of specific joints, finger by finger, is a much more nuanced action than a simple knuckle cracking. While the latter can be achieved simply by squeezing one's fist firmly, the former is more deliberate and slower, precisely because it is intended to fully work and stretch individual joints which are being particularly troublesome. Whereas a Barbarian might crack most of his knuckles in one fell crunch, the delicate knuckle cracker takes time to address the stubborn knuckles which plague those dexterous and nimble fingered among us.
Re: SNAP Contest Winners! 01/05/2009 04:16 PM CST
also just pinch- you crack your knuckles, I always liked prac stretch personally, and I like yours too. Hope to see it around soon. I also heard there was going to be a snap rewrite first.