SNAP Contest -- Update 11/21/2008 07:30 PM CST
Hey, guys!

I just wanted to let you know that the entries are in the process of being judged. I will be posting the winners on December 1st.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/22/2008 10:00 AM CST
Out of curiosity, how many submissions did you receive? I have to confess I'm always curious how these contests pan out (Wythor's Pattern Hues one, for instance).

Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/22/2008 04:16 PM CST
>Out of curiosity, how many submissions did you receive?

28 entries, but I'm assuming one was a joke. So, 27 entries to be judged!

A few people sent in some extra ideas that will get looked at also. But for the purpose of the contest, I was only counting one per account.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/22/2008 09:49 PM CST
Cool! Now I'm kind of curious about the joke one. Oh, snap! ;-P

Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/22/2008 09:56 PM CST
If there wasn't at least one "oh, snap!" joke in the bunch I will be very disappointed in all of you.

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/22/2008 10:26 PM CST
I suppose there's no harm in sharing...

"You know Bob," (so and so snaps his fingers a few times) "You remind me of...."

"Dumb"

Silly. ;)

-- GM Tiesse

Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/28/2008 09:29 PM CST
As someone who has never played a Human character, I find the snap ability oddly alluring. I would like to see some sort of Bard specific snap ability for Human Bards.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/28/2008 10:25 PM CST
Is there a human-specific dismantle easter egg?

A simple yes/no will suffice, as I know they're supposed to be secrets.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/29/2008 01:47 PM CST
> as I know they're supposed to be secrets

Not anymore.

stomp (dwarf)
crush (tog or strength)
bash (barb)
bunny (rarely works)
jump (gnome)
claw (prydaen)
whistle (ranger or fake ranger)
fire (mage)
chomp (rakash)
shriek (bard)
roar
slip
salvage (trader/indoor)
caravan (trader/outdoor)
thump (thief or 200 mech)
slip (?)
press (eloth)

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/29/2008 04:49 PM CST
One coorection:

fire (warrior mage)

And a couple additions:

tinker (gnome - yes we have two! We're just that special)
focus (moon mage - varies with sect affiliation)

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/29/2008 05:22 PM CST
bah, everyone forgets that There are Kaldar too...We have Slam, which in my opinion is the only way to dismantle a box.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/29/2008 07:35 PM CST
Clerics have pray, which is Kertigen aligned (dark gets gremlins while light gets welkins, not sure about neutral). The action the gremlins/welkins do reflect your devotion as well.

~Thilan
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/30/2008 08:52 AM CST
My cleric (is Human!) and always gets gremlins, despite worshiping Eylhaar, doing light bead ceremonies, getting light messaging with Bless, FF, HE....

Where does this dismantle stuff actually go? I.e., what folder? Now I really want to know if it is alignment based and I'm messed up, or if it's not, or... etc.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/30/2008 09:32 AM CST

<<bah, everyone forgets that There are Kaldar too...We have Slam, which in my opinion is the only way to dismantle a box.

The ironic part is that Hanryu's main character is a Kaldar ,the one who posted all those dismantles didnt list it and either.

Is their an Elf specific one?

Celitha
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/30/2008 11:44 AM CST
>>Where does this dismantle stuff actually go? I.e., what folder? Now I really want to know if it is alignment based and I'm messed up, or if it's not, or... etc.

When in doubt, look for folder categories based on skillset. For example, questions about boxes will go somewhere in the Abilities, Skills, and Magic folder. Anything about non-astrology lores goes in the Lores folder. Anything about combat goes in the Combat folder.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 11/30/2008 10:06 PM CST
awww isn't GameMaster Tiesse or some moderator going to yell at us for being off topic? (pretty please?) ;) <3

Celitha
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 12/01/2008 06:52 AM CST
> The ironic part is that Hanryu's main character is a Kaldar

Yea, I use slam so often I totally forgot to add it to my dismantles.txt file. Anyway here's the list now. I'll update the wiki. Anything missing?

slam (kaldar)
stomp (dwarf)
crush (tog or strength)
bash (barb)
bunny (rarely works)
jump (gnome)
claw (prydaen)
whistle (ranger or fake ranger)
fire (warrior mage)
tinker (gnome)
focus (moon mage)
chomp (rakash)
shriek (bard)
roar
salvage (trader/indoor)
caravan (trader/outdoor)
thump (thief or 200 mech)
slip (?)
press (eloth)
pray (cleric)

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: SNAP Contest -- Update 12/01/2008 08:42 AM CST
>awww isn't GameMaster Tiesse or some moderator going to yell at us for being off topic? (pretty please?) ;)

Heh, sorry, I was out pretty much all week because of the holiday.

As for the dismantles discussion, I'd suggest the "Puzzles and Traps" folder over in the "Surviving in DragonRealms - Elanthia" topic. Not that I don't love people loitering here... :)

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post a winner today since the judging got a bit delayed due to people being sparse. I'll hopefully have it within the week! Thanks for being patient.

-- GM Tiesse