Human Adaptability 08/22/2008 10:56 PM CDT
Suggestion for Human Adaptability

One of the possible "defining" characteristics that has been suggested is human adaptability. In that line, I would suggest that humans be given a small bonus to secondary skills and a bonus to tertiary skills. This would mean that between a human and a non-human of the same guild, attributes and skill that the human would do better at secondary skills and noticably better at tertiary skills. This would serve to make the human more rounded in ability than non-humans.

The size of the bonus would be based upon the total number of exp bits the character has in all of his/her skills combined -- thus automatically "grandfathering" the older characters.

Cydrik

"I have a Ph.d... in Horribleness!" www.drhorrible.com
Re: Human Adaptability 08/22/2008 11:05 PM CDT
That would be way, way, way overpowered without some severe drawback to balance it out. Rakash pay for a relatively minor brawling bonus for a few days out of the month by going unconscious for half a minute without warning. How would you propose Humans pay for something that huge?

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."
Re: Human Adaptability 08/23/2008 12:08 AM CDT
something like that big... herm... walking at age 50 would be approprate.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Re: Human Adaptability 08/23/2008 12:25 AM CDT
>How would you propose Humans pay for something that huge?

Humans would be more prone to open rolls, blowing traps, things of that nature. After all, they're only human.
Re: Human Adaptability 08/23/2008 12:26 AM CDT
And their skills should cap at, oh, let's say 500 ranks.

Three cheers for mediocrity.

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."
Re: Human Adaptability 08/23/2008 12:36 AM CDT
>>And their skills should cap at, oh, let's say 500 ranks.

It'd serve 'em right for all those years lording it over the poor demihumans in D&D. Halflings capped at level 8 indeed!

(Sorry, I'm in an OT mood tonight it seems)

Putting the Romance back in Necromancer.

Necromancy: Because every man lives, not every man really dies.