Racial weapons 12/31/2010 06:19 PM CST
Is there any history showing the Olvi using any perticular weapons?
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 07:05 PM CST
Greatswords and flails! Totally

- Terra
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 07:25 PM CST
There is one in-game book that talks about Olvi using slings. I can't think of anything else specific to the race, though.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 07:36 PM CST
Why was I affraid someone was going to mention slings.

Heh, I have been playing around with a flail.
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 08:38 PM CST
http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/DBWC24B.jpg

Swappable axe/smoking pipe. Make it so.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 09:08 PM CST
>Why was I affraid someone was going to mention slings.

Hey, there's a sling-primary Olvi GMPC who can one-shot armadillo hunters. Don't laugh too hard.

~ Pansophist Kougen

Knowledge is not power. Power is a trinket, a mere bauble, a distraction. Knowledge is an end unto itself.
Re: Racial weapons 12/31/2010 09:55 PM CST
Now that I like.
Re: Racial weapons 01/01/2011 06:35 AM CST
Isn't there some sort of gnarled stick (I think it Light Blunt) fest auction weapon that apps "better" in halfling hands than other races? Of course better for LB means that when you swing the weapon it may or may not cause your opponent to get distracted while they mock you.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Racial weapons 01/01/2011 08:14 AM CST
Wasn't that the original kneeknocker?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Racial weapons 01/01/2011 08:36 PM CST
The gnarled stick is found in Tisk's wagon, for gnomes.
Re: Racial weapons 01/04/2011 10:54 AM CST
>>Isn't there some sort of gnarled stick (I think it Light Blunt) fest auction weapon that apps "better" in halfling hands than other races?

It was a gnarled root or something like that. There's also a knobby kneecaper auction short staff that appraises better for halflings as well.

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."
Re: Racial weapons 03/07/2011 11:59 AM CST
>It was a gnarled root or something like that. There's also a knobby kneecaper auction short staff that appraises better for halflings as well.

It is:
a big gnarled root with a nasty looking knob at the end to be exact. One of my first ever auction purchases.

A big gnarled root with a nasty looking knob at the end is a light blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
somewhat moderate impact damage

You are certain that the root is fairly balanced and is decently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the gnarled root is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

You are certain that the gnarled root weighs exactly 20 stones.
You are certain that the gnarled root is worth exactly 1712668 dokoras.

~Eoworfinia~

Anyone nit-picking enough to write a letter of correction to an editor doubtless deserves the error that provoked it.
Alvin Toffler

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Racial weapons 03/07/2011 08:20 PM CST
Olvi flair, you know things that make an Olvi and Olvi.

Sum it up, background, lore. I'd love a little bit more on an Olvi language.