Dismantle 05/06/2005 08:47 PM CDT
Do Halflings have a special dismantle? If not we should make suggestions and try to get one. The following is a silly idea of mine.

dismantle my boxtype
You see: Pleased with having a new container, you begin stuffing all of your spare tarts into the boxtype. After filling the boxtype to the brim, you hear a creaking noise that grows louder. You stand there watching in horror as nails start popping out of the wood, the boxtype bursts apart, and your treasured tarts fall to the ground. Making sure not to miss a crumb, you quickly scoop up all of your fallen food finding far better containers on your person.

others see: Olviname pulls various tarts out of his/her pockets and stuffs them into his/her boxtype. Just as he/she finishes filling the boxtype to the brim, a creaking noise starts to emanate from it. You duck your head as nails start popping out of the wood and boxtype falls to pieces, showering the ground with tarts. Surveying the area to make sure none go missing, Olviname quickly gathers up all of the fallen pastry and stuffs them back into his/her pockets.

-Maliase
Re: Dismantle 06/10/2005 06:36 PM CDT
Why do halflings not have their own dismantles?????? Gnomes get them.. so should we.. we could smoke the boxes to bits..

Edieata..
Dismantles 08/06/2005 01:39 PM CDT
Do we have a dismantle? I have not yet found it if so.

I was thinking that we should have one that lets us exhale at the box and it drifts away as a smoke image.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Dismantles 08/06/2005 02:16 PM CDT
No, we don't have one.

~Ascot, et al.
Re: Dismantles 08/10/2005 11:50 AM CDT
And I want one!

~Skylira Mer'luna~
Dismantle, Smoking and Tarts (in other words, all things Olvi) 11/08/2008 03:47 AM CST
I've been looking for days, trying every verb I could think of, to find our halfling disarm. Today someone told me that there is no such thing as a halfling disarm. Is this true? If so, how can that be? We, of all races, should have one in my opinion. Will this outrage, if it exists, ever be remedied?

I am really enjoying the smoking system and was thinking about why more people don't enjoy and use it. It occurred to me that it's because they can never get very good at it. Now I'm all in favor of giving halflings a huge, huge advantage when it comes to smoking. Definitely we should be the only ones who can teach it. But wouldn't it better for us to be kings ofa system that everyone enjoyed rather than masters of a niche. If other races could master the images after much travail, say, 10x or 20x the work it takes for us (and they would have to start at the bottom), I bet more people would enjoy the system. I would enjoy the system more if others used it much more.

Ribald

*There were no tarts in this post but I wanted people to read it. Let's face it: tarts sell.

Ribald
Re: Dismantle, Smoking and Tarts (in other words, all things Olvi) 01/26/2010 07:39 PM CST
I know this post that I'm responding to is old. However I'd like to hear what people would think an Olvi would do to break a box.

I have an idea, not that this will be well articulated but:

You pull out your Halfling Pipe sending out a series of bursting smoke toward an open box, as the last of the smoke puffs enter into the box, you snap the box shut. Nothing seems to happen, then suddenly the box seems to pop, and just as suddenly the box falls apart, though its remains have a distinct and fine smell to them, that of the Olvi weed.

Just something I was thinking about.
Re: Dismantle, Smoking and Tarts (in other words, all things Olvi) 02/07/2010 04:08 PM CST
I think we should be able to blow a smoke ring at it that will envelope it, totally obscuring it. When the smoke disapates the box is gone.

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z
Re: Dismantle, Smoking and Tarts (in other words, all things Olvi) 02/07/2010 10:27 PM CST
Actually I like that idea too, just puff, poof it is gone. Well done!

- GM Dartenian