smoking 09/23/2003 06:47 PM CDT
Is it possible for none Olvi to learn a smoke line past adequate?

Methan

Shifting, Simu's way of giving us plastic surgery; and the costs are equally accurate!
Re: smoking 09/24/2003 12:57 AM CDT
Nope.
Bring back smoking 09/12/2007 07:09 AM CDT
I haven't seen anyone else smoke in realms in a very long time. Me? I say I smoke about once an elanthian week. It is a wonderful system, great for RP, and Im sorry I dont see more people enjoying it. I saw one fellow ranger letting cigars get sucked into a wind tunnel! I just about hard a heart attack on the spot.

That being said, I think some aspect of smoking should teach. Maybe mech?

--Smoke Meragin O'Malamus

The muddy, tobac smellin, kneebiter (tm)
Re: Bring back smoking 09/18/2007 06:19 PM CDT
I can be found sometimes at the Ranger guild or outside the Moon Mage guild, teaching folks images and smoking.

Working on getting up to teaching level on many, but always willing to sit around and chat while smoking.

~Vinalf, Olvi Trader
Re: Bring back smoking 09/19/2007 02:05 PM CDT
I will certainly look for you. I assume you are talking about Crossing.

I can teach 21 different images.

--Meragin O'Malamus

The muddy, tobac smellin, kneebiter (tm)
Re: Bring back smoking 11/08/2007 10:09 PM CST
Been looking for a smoke image teacher for a few weeks now. Surprising what a dying art it's becoming because of so few people using it anymore. If anyone can teach my little Olvi how to smoke, please give a yell! I'm always around in the evenings in the Zoluren area.

Liz
Re: Bring back smoking 11/09/2007 04:53 AM CST
I'm in Riverhaven and always willing to teach. I'll see about coming to Crossing this weekend. What character name should I seek out?

~Eoworfinia~
Dartenian fades into view.
A horde of Lawrence Welk fans decend on the area.
Dartenian whimpers softly.
Re: Bring back smoking 11/09/2007 09:25 AM CST
anytime you see Miir around he has them all mastered and I would be more then happy to teach

deer - master* dragon - master* rabbit - master* pixie - master*
kitten - master* troll - master* horse - master* paladin - master*
whip - master* cloak - master* stump - master* fleas - master*
daisies - master* unicorn - master* rams - master* bandit - master*
ship - master* grave - master* fish - master* web - master*
phoenix - master*

~~Miir~~
Re: Bring back smoking 11/09/2007 02:35 PM CST
Come to Forfedhdar and grab some free tobacco from the Paladin's Guild, I'll gladly teach you each one.

On a tangent, Olvi still need racial smoking-titles.
Blacklung, Pipesmoker, Smoke Artist, Master Smoker, etc. I'm actually surprised that no one has said a single thing (not on this board, at least) since racial titles were released.

~Rafland
Re: Bring back smoking 11/10/2007 12:19 AM CST
Just a quick smoking-related question, while we're on the topic.

I am a halfling and know several patterns to varying degrees. Do I just need to exhale those images to improve the quality of my image forming? And if so, does it take several cigars' worth of exhales to do it?

Player of Kardlo
Re: Bring back smoking 11/10/2007 01:15 AM CST
You learn to smoke images better by smoking them over and over, yes. Practice makes perfect.

~Rafland
Lookin for a smoking Instructor 07/23/2008 04:26 PM CDT
Heyo fellow Short folk!

I'm a semi-new Dwarf with a penchant for smoking, and i'm lookin to start learning a couple images. I see this topic brought up rather frequently, but none are very recent. I'm really interested in learning Phoenix and Dragon to start with, and was wondering if there's anyone I can meet? Let me know how to get in touch with ya, i'll bring the tobacco!

-Grimstone

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -Orwell
Re: Lookin for a smoking Instructor 07/23/2008 07:41 PM CDT
If you are out in Raven's Point or the area, I'm always happy to teach images so just give a hollar.

~Eoworfinia~
Re: Lookin for a smoking Instructor 07/23/2008 07:41 PM CDT
But I prefer payment of Taffleberry Tipple! hehe

~Eoworfinia~
Belt knives, flint and smoking 12/03/2009 03:34 AM CST
It would be nice if the new belt knives for skinning also worked with flints. I know that I am not the only person who thinks that setting my cigar on the ground is annoying.
If the new belt knives were to work with flint, at the least it would remove the need to get something metal to strike the flint with from a container.

Not sure where else to post this, but if any race should care about the new belt knives not working with flint it would be the halfing
Re: Belt knives, flint and smoking 01/26/2010 07:28 PM CST
Give the Olvi some more substance. I believe all the races should have a little more flair and a bit more of a following.

Let the Olvi be the leaders of smoking, don't let them be isolated in their mastery. It just doesn't seem what an Olvi would want. An Olvi to me would want companionship and festivities, and sharing of their knowledge so that others could have their merriment. Perhaps the Olvi would laugh at the other races in making some mistakes. However they would mostly do it in good humor and bring the person additional knowledge so the joke could be had at anothers expense.

Belt knives to me should be the ultimate utility knife. Not truly the best at anything but helpful it so many ways. Keep adding features to them. I wouldn't mind if that meant we had to buy the 2.0 version or whatever.

Thanks,
Not an Olvi but always a defender of those that seem to miss out.
Re: Belt knives, flint and smoking 02/07/2010 04:05 PM CST
Please make this so

"It would be nice if the new belt knives for skinning also worked with flints. I know that I am not the only person who thinks that setting my cigar on the ground is annoying.
If the new belt knives were to work with flint, at the least it would remove the need to get something metal to strike the flint with from a container."

Anything put on the ground is fair game. In addition, I don't want to put something in my mouth that was on the ground.

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z