Gnome Wagon 07/24/2005 05:01 PM CDT
I found Tisk wagon at Arthe Dale and bought the robe since it is the only thing I could afford. It is cloth and covers arms, chest , abdomen and back. But I don't seem to be learning cloth armor from it. Just leather since I am wearing the small mask, and gloves from the same wagon. I hope there is a problem and the robe does protect as it app's, because i would hate to be running around with no armor on. Thanks for any help in advance.

~M~
Re: Gnome Wagon 07/24/2005 08:49 PM CDT
thats because cloth armor learning isn't live yet.

its one of those things like the LT weapons years ago that used to teach brawling before the brawling system was implemented. Hold onto it and when cloth armor learning becomes live, you'll have something to learn from :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Gnome Wagon 07/24/2005 10:40 PM CDT
Ah, ok thanks for da quick response.

~M~
Gnome Wagon on Arthe Hill 11/15/2005 01:44 PM CST
Could a nice GM please have this merchant put in The Fallen? Where's the love?
Re: Gnome Wagon on Arthe Hill 11/18/2005 09:19 AM CST
Also, does anyone have any of the leather stuff for sale?

...was there leather stuff?
Re: Gnome Wagon on Arthe Hill 11/18/2005 06:46 PM CST
Greaves and a coat, I think. Contact via AIM's kroonermanblack, I'll see if I've got them still.

Fine. I'm wrong.
The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/27/2009 11:59 AM CST
I saw someone post earlier about feeding him gems to get gnomish pendants or some such. I tried feeding him a handful of different gems and metals and they just kept getting spit out.

Is there something specific you are supposed to feed him? and does anyone have what the pendants look like? Rather curious about gnomish items.

:)
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/27/2009 01:05 PM CST
Heya,

Sorry.. can't remember what you're supposed to feed him... but here's what one version of the pendant looks like. I think they come in gold and silver too, but I'm not certain.

a platinum Gnomic pendant

Look: Engraved on the front of the pendant is the face of a stately Gnome, the words "Prince Biddens" barely visible beneath. On the back is the image of a tree ringed by the words "Yosihi Yeksa".

Tap: You flick your Gnomic pendant with the tip of your finger. It swings gently to and fro, glinting faintly with reflected light.

Rub: You trace the tip of your finger along the edge of your Gnomic pendant.

Turn: You twist your Gnomic pendant.

-Halfstaff
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/27/2009 01:12 PM CST
I used to feed it metal armours. Critter dropped armours worked for it. The varieties that I tried did anyway.

The metal pendant you received appeared to be random in this case.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 06:51 AM CST
I fed it a herb and got a rusty pendant.
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 12:39 PM CST
It seems random what the mechanical gnome will accept: I gave it an item and it gave me a pendant. Then when I gave it the same thing, the mechanical gnome rejected it.

Of course, it could be that I tripped over a timer too.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 01:02 PM CST
I tried giving it the armor from field goblins out the north gate and he didn't like that. I'll try herbs next time I leave my hunting area
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 01:24 PM CST
<<I tried giving it the armor from field goblins out the north gate and he didn't like that. I'll try herbs next time I leave my hunting area

For what its worth, the armour I was using was a huge rusty hauberk from young ogres.

-Evran

Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 04:26 PM CST
> It seems random what the mechanical gnome will accept: I gave it an item and it gave me a pendant. Then when I gave it the same thing, the mechanical gnome rejected it.

It's not random. It's based on value, primarily, although there are other factors. It won't accept anything too cheap (or nonpawnable), nor will it accept anything TOO valuable -- Tisk doesn't want an angry paladin demanding his munched Holy Weapon back, after all.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 04:36 PM CST
::LOL!:: I see! Gotcha.

Although I find it odd that it accepted one pair of emerald earrings, but not the next.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 04:39 PM CST
<<Although I find it odd that it accepted one pair of emerald earrings, but not the next.

That's probably the 'other factors' he mentioned. Maybe a timer, or restriction on two of the same items in a row.

-Evran

Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/28/2009 04:46 PM CST
Like I said earlier, I probably tripped on a timer.

I guess next time I'll get ruby instead of emerald! ;)

Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/29/2009 06:17 AM CST
Where is Tisk's wagon lurking?

~Faih
Re: The Gnome in the Gnome Wagon 12/29/2009 07:07 AM CST
Riverhaven's Town Square