Races I'd like to see 06/08/2017 03:04 PM CDT
Races I'd like to see include:
Druids- Requires wilderness like a ranger.
Merlew-Requires water like a ranger requires wilderness.
Occulars- May become any race 2 anlaes after a change. May change their name to any allowed.
Y'shai- Typically used as guards because of their natural aptitude twords magical items.
Fae- Can apply temporary enchantments to items and warriors
Elpalzi- The more elpalzi in a room, the stronger they are in their guild
Mountain elf- A set series of attacks will teach tactics
Vykathi- May create small,temporary, tunnels if not at melee. Small boot to mining.

Re: Races I'd like to see 06/08/2017 03:25 PM CDT

>> Occulars- May become any race 2 anlaes after a change. May change their name to any allowed.

The policy implications of being allowed to change your name are horrifying

>> Y'shai- Typically used as guards because of their natural aptitude twords magical items.

Y'shai aren't a race, you get them buy fusing a moon mage's "soul" into cambrinth armor. It's kind of a horrifying process (there's a log somewhere of PC's finding out about their creation for the first time). I've always assumed they were basically Alphonse from Full Metal Alchemist, but, with less emotion.
Re: Races I'd like to see 06/08/2017 03:36 PM CDT
>>I've always assumed they were basically Alphonse from Full Metal Alchemist, but, with less emotion.

With extra ultra necromancy (how come moon mages get away with it, damn PR).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Races I'd like to see 06/08/2017 03:47 PM CDT
Neat ideas but these seem more for a game like World of Warcraft (or another MUSH like Gemstone) than Dragonrealms.

To use Merlews as an example, instead of making them require water (very penalizing), they would probably get something like a free feat called Water Breathing. Dragonrealms has some systems with feats (i.e. crafting and magic) but the whole combat/character building engine would need to be based around feat selection like World of Darkness.
Re: Races I'd like to see 06/09/2017 11:55 AM CDT
>>Druids- Requires wilderness like a ranger.

Druids aren't really a race, Druids are a profession (not specifically in game). It would be like having a Carpenter Race or a Shop Keeper Race. Now having a more wilderness based race I could understand. I'd like Merlew to be a playable race myself and I also kind of like your idea for the Vykathi.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=love
Re: Races I'd like to see 06/09/2017 12:10 PM CDT
>>To use Merlews as an example, instead of making them require water (very penalizing), they would probably get something like a free feat called Water Breathing.<<

I was thinking of making the game extremely easy for Merlew to swim almost everywhere, but extremely difficult for them to climb almost everywhere as they would be more adjusted to sea life and don't climb much in the water, and they could swim to all the islands without use of a boat (of course the swimming to the islands would take about as long as a boat ride). This seems balanced for the game.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=love
Re: Races I'd like to see 06/09/2017 12:28 PM CDT

> and they could swim to all the islands without use of a boat

Get in line behind my Ocean Traveler title.