More Races! 06/03/2015 02:07 AM CDT
Any chance we could get more nonhuman like races? I've been rather fond of different races from different games.

Bearmen type race. Big and strong as a tog or nearly so?

Other ideas would be welcome and anything for flavor.
Re: More Races! 06/03/2015 02:14 AM CDT
Back when DragonRealms 2 was a thing (Think: early 2000s if you weren't around then) there were a couple of new races we planned to add - and as a GM I can still find a few stubs here and there where someone started to support them but... no one has worked on that project for well over a decade and I strongly doubt it will ever happen. The main reason is that the scale of the update to add new races would be on par with (If not exceeding) what was needed to add Necromancers to the game, and the return wouldn't be nearly as high.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: More Races! 06/03/2015 07:40 AM CDT
>> Back when DragonRealms 2 was a thing (Think: early 2000s if you weren't around then) there were a couple of new races we planned to add - and as a GM I can still find a few stubs here and there where someone started to support them but... no one has worked on that project for well over a decade and I strongly doubt it will ever happen. The main reason is that the scale of the update to add new races would be on par with (If not exceeding) what was needed to add Necromancers to the game, and the return wouldn't be nearly as high.

Translation: Ask again when our average logged-in player count is over 900.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: More Races! 06/03/2015 01:38 PM CDT
>Translation: Ask again when our average logged-in player count is over 900.

Alternatively: Maybe if we ever re-write the game engine again.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: More Races! 06/03/2015 03:28 PM CDT
Alternately - If the economics change so that we have fully salaried developers.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose