Mixed-race children 02/06/2013 03:32 PM CST
We already know quite clearly that when two races couple and produce a child, the child will only be one of the races, and will be 100% that race.

My question is, is there a 50/50 chance the child will be the mother's race, or is it a different chance, like 75/25?

I know that it's not 100% the mother's race because certain GMPC women have had children not of their own race. I was just curious though.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Mixed-race children 02/06/2013 11:42 PM CST
As far as I am aware, there is no set ratio to what race a text fetus would be in an interracial couple.

The only set ruling is, it would either be 100% of one of the two races, not a blend. IE: No Half-Elves or Gnome-Kaldar.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 12:05 AM CST
>Gnome-Kaldar

D:

- Starlear -
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 01:37 AM CST

<<The only set ruling is, it would either be 100% of one of the two races, not a blend. IE: No Half-Elves or Gnome-Kaldar.

Please explain:

Seneschal Maghana Gurvyre, a Human.
Maghana has an oval face, *slightly pointed ears*, tilted jade eyes and a straight nose. Her amber-streaked golden brown hair is long and straight, and is worn braided. She has tanned skin and an athletic figure.
She is a bit over average height for a Human.
She appears to be an adult.

As far as I know, that is a completely impossible feature in a pure human. Also, she was transcendent in age last time I saw her.

"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 01:52 AM CST
>>Seneschal Maghana Gurvyre, a Human.

That particular GMPC is not one of mine; however, the option of having slightly pointed ears is an ear shape option open to all races aside from S'Kra Mur. Viewable here: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Shift

Just because a character has slightly pointed ears rather than pointed ears, this does not mean they are half Elven.

As to the transcendent age bit, that could have been a mix up, or it could have been on purpose. Again, not my GMPC, so I cannot say for certain. :)
---
NaOH+HI
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 02:11 AM CST
Slightly-pointed ears are not some indication of partial Elf parentage, any Elanthian race that has ears may also have slightly pointed ears (or pointed ears, for that matter). People are either 100% Race A or 100% Race B, as GM Naohhi pointed out.

So the ears are exactly what they say on the tin -- slightly pointed human ears. I don't think we should be trying to make DragonRealms lore agree somehow with RL genetics.

>>transcendent in age last time I saw her.

If you saw this message: "She has transcended time." then the NPC was just briefly improperly flagged. It happens -- ignore it and move on.

The character is not my GMPC either, but I do have a little authority to speak about the features system. :]

Melete
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 02:30 AM CST
>>slightly pointed human ears.

Or Moon skin Rakash or Prydaen with pointy fuzzy ears. Elves don't get the pointy monopoly. I've always imagined Prydaen tufted and pointy ears like a caracal: http://imgur.com/ac0dY4r

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 02:32 AM CST
Okie dokie, I wasn't aware slightly pointed ears was an option. I've made one new character in the last 11 years after all :P

As for the transcended time thing, I shall ignore it and send an OOC whisper if I see it again.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 07:28 PM CST
>I shall ignore it and send an OOC whisper if I see it again.

That's not really ignoring it now is it :D

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Mixed-race children 02/07/2013 10:37 PM CST
Stop playing around with it, he meant he was going to play it off like it was there IG while letting the GM know there was an issue Player to GM.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.