Aging questions 12/23/2011 11:23 PM CST
I logged on my Tog barbarian after some years away. He was created at the beginning. Now when I look at his age it says he is elderly. He was venerable for a good number of years. Am I going to log on one day and he will be dead? haha
Re: Aging questions 12/23/2011 11:27 PM CST
>>Am I going to log on one day and he will be dead?

No. It has been stated numerous times that no character will ever die of old age. :-)
Re: Aging questions 12/24/2011 12:31 AM CST
Check out AGE HELP

Mordibar
Re: Aging questions 12/24/2011 08:21 AM CST
under AGE INFO 1:

To begin, it is important to make a distinction between how aging functions as a gameplay mechanic and how it functions in the fiction of DragonRealms as a roleplaying setting. Simply, age has no mechanical function. Senescence never hinders your character's skills and your character will not be deleted when he reaches some cut-off age. Your character can be a thousand years old and will still be available when you want to log in.

This effective immortality is a gameplay consideration only: while DragonRealms is a roleplaying game, we recognize not everyone enjoys the same level of immersion in the environment. For our roleplayers, it's important to realize this is not reflected in the setting. Characters on Elanthia grow up, grow feeble and then eventually pass on. Magical longevity and immortality exist, but they are rare prizes to be fought for rather than a simple given.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Aging questions 12/24/2011 01:26 PM CST
Information about the age system has been consolidated here:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Age

>>Barb-Lord: Now when I look at his age it says he is elderly. He was venerable for a good number of years.

If you want your character to age more slowly, you can switch to the empathic longevity age cycle. Under this life cycle, your Gor'Tog would look middle-aged or mature. (The Elanthipedia article contains a full list of age ranges.)

Empaths can also make you look older or younger. (Shifting does not affect your actual or chronological age, just your apparent age.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!