Aging in DR 11/06/2011 08:00 AM CST
If someone can point me to a thread covering this, I'd be grateful.

I decided to return to the realms after some time away and am curious if age has any bearing on our characters? If I was Elven I probably wouldn't even bring it up, but my preferred character is human and I'm kinda getting up there.

Re: Aging in DR 11/06/2011 08:04 AM CST
> age help

Options:
AGE: A quick readout of your character's apparent age, life cycle and age modification.
AGE CYCLE: Information and options for selecting among the natural life cycles available for your race.
AGE INFO: Extended information about aging in DragonRealms.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Aging in DR 11/06/2011 08:31 AM CST
Wow, awesome. I had no idea that that info was there, and it was a good read (I'd never quite got the whole aging options thing). Also, the info you're looking for is in age info 1:

> age info 1
>Part 1: Gameplay Considerations

>To begin, it is important to make a distinction between how aging functions as a gameplay mechanic and how it functions in the fiction of DragonRealms as a roleplaying setting. Simply, age has no mechanical function. Senescence never hinders your character's skills and your character will not be deleted when he reaches some cut-off age. Your character can be a thousand years old and will still be available when you want to log in.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Aging in DR 11/06/2011 11:38 AM CST
>>Fathomm: If someone can point me to a thread covering this, I'd be grateful. I decided to return to the realms after some time away and am curious if age has any bearing on our characters? If I was Elven I probably wouldn't even bring it up, but my preferred character is human and I'm kinda getting up there.

Age in DragonRealms is a role-playing consideration only. Age does not affect how your character performs in any skill or statistic contest.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Age

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!