Stamina problems 09/23/2011 02:04 PM CDT
I recently decided to roll an Elothean. This is the first one I have ever played. I have been noticing though that his stamina regens at a much slower rate than my other characters. My other characters have been S'Kra, Kaldar, and Halfling so as to be stamina neutral or with a bonus. I decided to train my Eloth's stamina up a bit to see if that would help, but it doesn't. I wasn't sure if it was just me, so I ran a test. I had my Eloth with 15 stamina try climbing a wall in the Crossing. He dropped to 84% and next pulse regened up to 90%. I then tried climbing the same wall with my S'Kra that has 15 stamina as well. Climbing one time put him to 83% fatigue and the next pulse regened up to 95%. I then had my Kaldar climb the same wall with 16 stamina. He dropped to 85% and regened to 95% the next pulse. The Eloth and S'Kra had 'none' for burden and the Kaldar had 'somewhat'. The Eloth and Kaldar are survival tertiary and S'Kra is survival primary if that factors in (which it didn't look like it does to me). I thought that the only differences between the races, other than the different stat training bonus/hindrance, was purely cosmetic. If races are getting double hit for having a harder time training a stat as well as that stat not doing as much, this is something that should be remedied quickly.
Re: Stamina problems 09/23/2011 02:30 PM CDT
Three quick points.

1) I don't think different races have different fatigue pool/regen formulas.
2) Discipline factors into your fatigue pool, but does not factor into your fatigue regen. If I had to guess, your Eloth might have better discipline, which in turn creates a bigger fatigue pool, but since discipline doesn't factor into fatigue the regen appears to be slower.
3) In my experiences, the amount of fatigue you lose when climbing tends to change based on how well (or not well) you try to climb what you're climbing. So it's possible that some of your characters are doing better (or worse) at climbing things, which can also contribute to why some of them get different amounts lost.
Re: Stamina problems 09/23/2011 03:37 PM CDT
Well, here are some more numbers then. Eloth has 14 discipline and 17 climbing. S'Kra has 12 discipline and 6 climbing. Kaldar has 15 discipline and 37 climbing. The Kaldar should have the largest fatigue pool, but it regens at the same rate as the S'Kra's both of whom are stamina neutral. Also, with all three having very low climbing skill and failing on the crossing walls, they should all be getting the same fatigue hit, yes?
Re: Stamina problems 09/23/2011 10:50 PM CDT
Fatigue pool formula: 2 x Stamina + Discipline
Fatigue recovery formula: Stamina / 5

Elothean (14 discipline, 15 stamina): 44 fatigue, 3 recovery per pulse (6.8%)
S'kra Mur (12 discipline, 15 stamina): 42 fatigue, 3 recovery per pulse (7.1%)
Kaldar (15 discipline, 16 stamina): 47 fatigue, 3 recover per pulse (6.3%)

With that said, my guess is that your S'kra Mur and Kaldar may have just pulsed twice in the time you thought one pulse took place. I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as "stamina neutral".