Starting stats 04/24/2010 11:16 AM CDT
I was curious if the negatives and positives to stats based off of race actually caused the number to have less valu as well as costing more?

I.E. If my elven barb has 99 strength, will a tog with a 99 strength be stronger than me?

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Starting stats 04/24/2010 11:37 AM CDT
>>VIOLENTXSHINOBI: I was curious if the negatives and positives to stats based off of race actually caused the number to have less valu as well as costing more?

The stat bonuses and penalties only affect the cost of training. An Elf with 99 strength is just as strong as a Gor'Tog with 99 strength. It just costs the Elf more TDPs to get there.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Starting stats 04/24/2010 11:42 AM CDT
Thanks!

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Starting stats 04/24/2010 12:30 PM CDT
In the past, stronger races had a bonus to strength and stamina in burden calculations, but that was changed to bring it in line with every other system. For gnomes, that was a huge change that made the race a lot more viable.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.