Re: Race Titles 06/20/2011 03:15 PM CDT
Please no. I wouldn't mind seeing titles that have to do with races' clans and houses and so on, but I really dread seeing them in the various racial languages. Mixing English with them doesn't particularly help either.
Re: Race Titles 06/20/2011 04:14 PM CDT
>>Anoushka: Please no. I wouldn't mind seeing titles that have to do with races' clans and houses and so on, but I really dread seeing them in the various racial languages. Mixing English with them doesn't particularly help either.

What she said.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Race Titles 06/20/2011 04:18 PM CDT
>>>Anoushka: Please no. I wouldn't mind seeing titles that have to do with races' clans and houses and so on, but I really dread seeing them in the various racial languages. Mixing English with them doesn't particularly help either.

I agree, except Toggish titles. Everything Toggish is just better.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance Sheet:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance2.xls
Re: Race Titles 06/20/2011 04:19 PM CDT
>>I agree, except Toggish titles. Everything Toggish is just better.<<

That was kinda my point, in a round about way. Hence the examples I used and stuff. Just having more toggish titles would be awesome. I retract my previous suggestion.
Re: Race Titles 06/20/2011 09:37 PM CDT
>>Please no. I wouldn't mind seeing titles that have to do with races' clans and houses and so on, but I really dread seeing them in the various racial languages. Mixing English with them doesn't particularly help either.

Cannot be said enough and existing non-common titles should be removed.
Re: Race Titles 06/22/2011 05:42 PM CDT
I am in favor of additional racial titles, but i'd like to see them be in common, or at least a visible "translation" within the title.

War is Peace, Truth is Lies. -george orwell
Re: Race Titles 06/25/2011 07:05 AM CDT
>existing non-common titles should be removed.

Yes, please.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Race Titles 06/26/2005 07:49 PM CDT
Are there racial titles in the new system? If so what catagory are they under? If not or even if so what's the chance of having those with special "age" messaging get those as titles?
Re: Race Titles 06/26/2005 08:11 PM CDT
I believe they are working on racial titles for either Phase 2 or Phase 3

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Race Titles 06/26/2005 08:11 PM CDT
> Are there racial titles in the new system? If so what catagory are they under? If not or even if so what's the chance of having those with special "age" messaging get those as titles?

Not yet, at least that I'm aware of. There are some planned for the next round or two of titles. The age messaging suggestion is a good idea, and I'll forward that to Obseden for ya!

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: Race Titles 07/05/2005 12:54 PM CDT
>Are there racial titles in the new system? If so what catagory are they under? If not or even if so what's
>the chance of having those with special "age" messaging get those as titles?

Heh. As an avid player of humans and continued interest in seeing them develop, I just can't wait to see these titles:
title pre list human
Your may choose the following titles in this category:
Dude, Guy, Man, Posse, Dawg, Dirty Old Man

Hmmm... I think one of the problem with human development is that we're the "baseline". It's like saying.. Hmm, let's have a special "Human" travelling merchant that will include such exotic and fascinating items as: Pants! Helms! Swords! Shirts!
Gamgweth aside, which is really more of a highbrow way of us traders talking about people behind their back, everything else is based around the human society and culture. And we liken things to human items because of their prevelance (The smuhgedy-dodo may be worn like pants or skirt.)

Although, all in all, I don't think it's the general conception that humans are intolerant... In fact, I would believe them to be the most tolerant of all the races and being much more adaptable towards change. Perhaps that's one of the strongest virtues the humans have - the ability to adapt.

Although there are certainly some Prydaens that could use a good shaving. grin

Tw
Race Titles 06/20/2011 12:53 PM CDT
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to code, or even if anyone else is interested, but I personally think it would be really sweet if your general guild titles could also be given a racial option. In general Im speaking about.

Initiate Barbarian, Apprentice Barbarian, Journeymen Barbarian, and so on and so forth. So if you were a tog, you could choose those or you could choose

Initiate Sak, Apprentice Sak, Journeymen Sak, and so on and so forth.

I realize this probably veers towards the insanely nerdy, but I thought it would be kinda cool. Especially if lets say you rolled up a Tog Moon Mage and earned...

Transcendent Amtuk

Anyway, it would give a little more flavor to those generic titles...
Re: Race Titles 07/24/2011 05:26 PM CDT
100 disagree, not sure why people have a problem with non common titles but I think it adds to the game, A samurai is a samurai and a Knight is a Knight. I feel RPwise people should need to know a bit about other races languages if they want to be able to ID what they are via title. I would like to see more racial weapons/titles/armors.

Heitak in S'Kra that means Beast..look it up.
Re: Race Titles 07/24/2011 06:19 PM CDT
>Heitak in S'Kra that means Beast..look it up.

No.
Re: Race Titles 07/24/2011 09:56 PM CDT
If a title is about some sort of reputation or renown that you've built up in your guild, it should be in "Common." If it's not, then it's saying you've built up a gibberish reputation to everyone not of your race. Most of us won't care enough to look it up.
Re: Race Titles 07/24/2011 10:53 PM CDT
I just sub all the prydaen titles in genie with fluffy kitty yarnball and other similar words.

- Starlear -
Re: Race Titles 07/25/2011 05:08 AM CDT
<<If a title is about some sort of reputation or renown that you've built up in your guild, it should be in "Common." If it's not, then it's saying you've built up a gibberish reputation to everyone not of your race. Most of us won't care enough to look it up.

Deserves reiteration.

If your reputation doesn't translate to Common, it does not matter and thus doesn't deserve to be a title.

Save racial languages for Engrishing. If you want to drop S'Kra words conversationally, that's your business. People will probably ignore them or you, but that's a valid use of a racial language. Titles, items, anything that characters are interpreting from their own perceptions or knowledge should not.

<<I just sub all the prydaen titles in genie with fluffy kitty yarnball and other similar words.

Heh in mine they're subbed with "".
Re: Race Titles 07/25/2011 08:27 AM CDT
>><<I just sub all the prydaen titles in genie with fluffy kitty yarnball and other similar words.

LOL I did the same thing!

Dagtha Chuthi Vayato = Mr. Meowseys

Gakatari Vayato = Milk Drinker

Gigavi Vayato = String Chaser

Graimi Gechifacha = Lazy Layabout

Dagtha Chuthi Rure = Wants Petting

Grirodi Gechifacha = Tongue-Bather

xxx says something in Prydaen = xxx says meow meow meow meow. Maybe he wants some Meow Mix?
Re: Race Titles 07/25/2011 06:34 PM CDT
And since no one is being constructive, this one's done!

Thanks!

Svafa

If you have questions or comments, please email me at DR-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET