House questions 06/21/2017 06:23 PM CDT
I've been reading old posts and it got me thinking, and I have a few questions.

1. What happens to those who betray their House where the price of betrayal is death? Since adventurers typically carry multiple favors and permadeath isn't a thing, would they simply be expelled from the House after "death", or would the leaders decide that someone so favored by the gods can't be that bad, and let the person continue as a full member? I realize that a House betrayal would be super rare and probably limited to a GM-run event, but my curiosity needs to be satisfied.

2. Elothean Studies says the hold a yearly ceremony to remember the dead Houses and horrors of war. What kind of ceremony do they have? I imagine something somber and formal, but for all I know, it's a giant snowball fight. When does it happen? I would assume that Elotheans, being so methodical, would have a specific date it was celebrated every year. How will future celebrations will be impacted now that the Black Fang has been "resurrected"?

3. We know what happens when an Elothean betrays their House, but what about betraying the Ferdahl? The Three? Their mate?
__
Amybecka
Re: House questions 06/21/2017 07:44 PM CDT
>1. What happens to those who betray their House where the price of betrayal is death? Since adventurers typically carry multiple favors and permadeath isn't a thing, would they simply be expelled from the House after "death", or would the leaders decide that someone so favored by the gods can't be that bad, and let the person continue as a full member? I realize that a House betrayal would be super rare and probably limited to a GM-run event, but my curiosity needs to be satisfied.

I always imagined this, from a roleplaying sense, would be that the betrayer, knowing they betrayed their house, would avoid any and all interaction knowing that there would be death at the other end of any confrontation that they lost. So, in a sense, this is really banishment from visible Elothean society, particularly around Shard... to be practical. That's nothing official, just my sense. Frankly, at this stage so little of my roleplay associated with my Elothean character has anything to do with my House, I'm trying to understand any practical in-game way to actually betray it, given I've never really interacted with it in any meaningful way other than to sign up for it. I've never knowingly interacted with another player knowing our characters were of the same house.

Hence, a bit of my pet project on gathering relevant information around the houses. If anybody has a better response to any of Amybecka's questions, particularly any specifics about any of the individual Houses, would love to read it!