Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 03/19/2012 08:48 PM CDT
Can Savants still be rolled up? I noticed there was a new creation manager and saw a post that it was linked to empath SHIFTS.

Thanks.
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 09/26/2012 03:02 PM CDT
I was curious about this as well. But seeing how no one has replied in 6 months, I'm beginning to have my doubt they're still able to be created.
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 09/26/2012 04:23 PM CDT
I have no idea. I have a savant character, but I think I may have rolled her up before the changes.

that reply helped in no way, I am sure.
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 09/27/2012 12:16 AM CDT
>>Thesageone: Has anyone rolled up a savant since the character creator changes? I'm working on a new Elothean and wanted to make him a savant. I just wanted to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels trying to get the random cat-slitted amber eyes. I was hoping they're still in the generator via random features. Thanks.

I tried to role a savant in May 2012 with a script that I wrote. After 10 hours of running the script, I had not rolled a savant. (I checked the log; there were no errors.) I assisted, but no GM ever responded, so I gave up and chose my own features.

>>Bisclavret: I have no idea. I have a savant character, but I think I may have rolled her up before the changes.

The Character Manager update was released on March 1, 2011.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 09/27/2012 01:20 AM CDT
That's really disappointing to hear. That was a neat little easter egg for Elotheans to have in there. Not to mention the lore that surrounded it.

I'd really like this to be brought back, please?
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/04/2012 08:55 PM CDT
Is it possible to get savant features through shifting or was that only achievable when rolling a character?

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/04/2012 08:57 PM CDT
>>Is it possible to get savant features through shifting or was that only achievable when rolling a character?

Only possible during character generation, by having the system choose random features.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 07:26 AM CDT
<<That's really disappointing to hear. That was a neat little easter egg for Elotheans to have in there. Not to mention the lore that surrounded it.

This isn't meant to be a solicitation, but I guess it is. I'll keep this brief to hopefully keep my post from being pulled.

I have a circle 0 Savant collecting dust on my account. Although the character is currently female, the name is androgynous, so shifting to a male shouldn't be a problem. Skills are very low - highest is 65 Stalking. My intention was to make her a necromancer, but I never got around to it - and I don't have time to play her.

So - if you really, really want a savant, please contact me at GorbeshGoddess@play.net or AIM Vyraka and we can come up with some sort of arrangment. My biggest thing is that you pay the transfer fee.

I just want to find my savant a good home. It seems like a shame to have one and not play it.

Thank you!

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 08:40 AM CDT
alright, so I'm a little curious. What is an Elothean Savant, and what is so unique about them in regards to the CM? Is it more starting stat points than is normally alotted, or is it something else?

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 08:45 AM CDT
It's more the lore behind it from what I'm understanding, and you could only get the look from CM, on a random setup.

However since one of the changes a while back ago you can't luck out with that look. It's just not an option.

Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 09:19 AM CDT
Most eloths have "tilted almond-shaped <color> eyes". Savants instead have "cat-slitted amber eyes". That's it.
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 09:33 AM CDT
>>alright, so I'm a little curious. What is an Elothean Savant, and what is so unique about them in regards to the CM?

A savant has cat-slitted amber eyes. They are very rare and said to be "powerful practitioners of magic". More here: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Savant

Previously you had a very small chance of getting one by choosing the "random features" option in the CG. Several people made scripts to go through the CG over and over in order to get one.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 10/24/2012 01:53 PM CDT
>>Blckgrd4: alright, so I'm a little curious. What is an Elothean Savant, and what is so unique about them in regards to the CM? Is it more starting stat points than is normally alotted, or is it something else?

An Elothean savant has "cat-slitted amber eyes." (The only way to get this feature was to let the Character Manager select random features for you.)

"A few of their more powerful practitioners of magic -- and sometimes their bards -- are born with amber eyes, with their pupils an irregular oval that are reminiscent of a cat's. These rare members of the race -- called savants -- are often revered amongst their people, and viewed as great leaders and scholars." --Elothean Studies

Mechanically, savants are identical to regular Elotheans. It's just an RP thing.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 05/29/2014 01:34 AM CDT
Years later and I come here to ask this question to find it's already here:

As of today, after nearly 10 hours scripting a features randomization in the CM I haven't seen the savant eyes. They're either not option anymore, or phenomenally rare.

-= Alesche =-
Mountain Elf - Historian - Free Empath of the Crystal Tower
Heavy RPer Looking for Connections!
AIM: DRAlesche
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 05/29/2014 08:25 AM CDT
what are savants?

i don't know anything about dragonrealms after 17 years.

but I'm a good person

i think that should count for something
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 05/29/2014 08:27 AM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Savant
Re: Elothean Savants - Still in creation manager? 05/29/2014 12:32 PM CDT
Gotcha thanks.