Elothean House 11/19/2006 03:37 PM CST
How does someone playing an Elothean go about joining a particular house?

Rie ('rE)
AIM: IAmPoppet
Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 02:35 PM CDT
The House of the Dark Star was initially introduced (to my knowledge) during the Ralel/L'Karm event. Recent events caused me to look at this old event and then, in turn, to look into the history of the House of the Dark Star.

Besides my personal knowledge of the event, little can be found. There are some basics at the old Wren's Nest if anyone is interested. Does anyone have any additional information?

Thanks in advance.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 02:39 PM CDT
I believe this was an Elven house, not an Elothean house.

Rev. Reene

John: Boys, petty theft, assault, battery, breaking and entering, assault with a deadly computer peripheral, misdemeanor vandalism and loitering.
John: And those are just the things I think you did this weekend.
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 02:45 PM CDT
You may have hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, I just can not recall the details from the event so long ago.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 03:31 PM CDT
Yes, it was introduced as an Elven house.

You can find a very good bit of information here:

http://uk.geocities.com/snurfergal/dr/index.html?main.html&1

I'll also include it in case people are lazy. (although there is more to the page I am not including)

-History-
The L'Karm were a faction of primarily Mountain and Forest Elves who, under the lead of a Moon Mage by the name of Ralel Maleiron, aspired to bring Elven lands back under the rule of the Elven people (and more specifically, Leth Deri'el to Ilithi). They were supported by the Lady Kerilidail, who lended both funds and military backing from The House of the Dark Star, which she headed. There were rumors that numerous other royal Elven families looked to Lord Ralel's leadership. He dismissed Morganae as a coward and commandeered nearly a third of her army. Using terrorism and negotiation in tandem, the L'Karm brought upon themselves much negative attention, eventually leading to Ralel's arrest for treason against Queen Morganae.
Ralel himself had been an integral part of Queen Morganae's court, acting as the representative of the Forest Elves. He belonged to a noble and powerful family and grew up alongside Lady Kerilidail. She has described him as fiery, passionate and stubborn; yet always keeping a level head.
Ralel had been wed to Lindryl, the mixed-blood mayoress of Leth Deri'el. Their marriage was rather secretive and remained so until the advent of Ralel's first trial, after which Kerilidail spread the news of their union. Lindryl's father was of a noble family in Leth Deri'el and likely a Forest Elf. Her Human mother was an illegitimate child, the eldest of Belirendrik II, the Prince of Zoluren. The politics of Leth Deri'el dictate that mayorship is a hereditary position, and thus, Lindryl inherited governance of the wooded city. Since politicians are not looked upon favorably in Elven society, it is believed that Ralel chose to marry Lindryl so that he could have power without being subjected to the scrutiny of the public eye. In contrast, Lindryl was not of noble standing and married Ralel in order to gain a seat in the Mountain Queen's court. Supposedly Lindryl and Kerilidail also have a history, though information on this is not forthcoming.
Lindryl was strongly disliked by many of the Elves, especially the upper class purists. Being as she was raised in the Zoluren court and made frequent visits to family in M'riss, an island settled by refugee mixed blood Elves and Humans, they questioned her upbringing and conduct, as well as her loyalty and beneficence to her brethren. However she held high favor with the Sorvendig family, and garnered further support from establishing shelters and food kitchens in Leth Deri'el during the war with the Gorbesh. She had also fallen for a Human pirate named Keirnen, who was also a Rissan noble, and secretly saw him during most of her marriage with Ralel.
The L'Karm captured Lindryl's mate aboard his ship, the Shorisaren (The Yellow Bird of Prey in Elven), and took him as a prisoner. Ralel also funded weapons and the gathering of information to aid in a plot to assassinate Lindryl, since she supported Zoluren and did not want Leth Deri'el to become part of the Elven empire. He petitioned the Mountain Elf Queen to take military action against both Leth Deri'el and the power struggles within her own court. Morganae refused aid.
Morganae sent missive to the Paladin leader Darius, informing him of a summit that would be held at the Sana'ati Dyaus in Leth Deri'el. Ralel was to be in attendance, under the impression of guaranteed safety, to speak with representatives from Therengia, Zoluren, and the Mountain Kingdom about the governance of Leth Deri'el. The plan was to have him arrested with the Paladins barring him from any means of escape.
At the meeting, the Special Envoy Haragil represented High Councillor Pendegast of Zoluren, Baron Jeladric of Therengia, Queen Morganae of the Mountain Kingdom and Ferdahl Kulalakai of Ilithi. Each province's stance was stated as such: Zoluren wanted the fighting on its lands to cease and these issues to be resolved peacefully; Therengia wished the trade routes to remain open; and Northern Ilithi saw their racial right as Elves and their Elothean allies to their lands. Honorable Sir Haragil then produced a leather scroll and read it aloud.
Haragil tapped a leather scroll embossed with the clan crest of the Mountain Elves.
Haragil said, "On this the 36th day of the 1st month in year 356, I Morganae, Queen of the Mountain Elves, hereby declare Ralel Maleiron as outlaw and outcast. May noone who holds fealty to my realm give shelter to this traitor from this day hence."
Haragil said, "Your queen has damned you."
Haragil said, "Do not leave this town."
Haragil exclaimed, "you will be placed under arrest for your treason!"
Ralel, Kerilidail, and other supporters tried to escape, but were met with angry guards, Paladins, and citizens who attacked without hesitation. Kerilidail was rescued from the mob, but Ralel was killed. She was greatly upset and wished to go back for him, but was convinced to stay for her own well-being. Kerilidail then vowed to kill Haragil. After being taken to the house of Jastev, she rested and prepared for her journey home. The L'Karm managed to restore life to Ralel and battled long against their enemies.
Ralel was captured and turned over to Lindryl by Haragil. Since their union was no longer a secret, Lindryl could not allow harm to come to Ralel and still appear without guilt, since it would benefit both her personal and political life if he were to die. Her lover Keirnen was also still in the hands of the L'Karm, and any ill done to Ralel, including handing him over to the Queen, would be revisted upon him. The Mayoress claimed that she demanded a divorce from Ralel, but he wouldn't consent. Kerilidail refuted this, saying that it was the other way around. Rumors circulated that Kerilidail perhaps was Ralel's lover, but she denied their relationship was anything more than platonic. Her only love was a man whom she could not save from Fading.
Morganae gave the deadline to Lindryl of 10 days to give Ralel to her, no matter what. In this time, Lindryl attempted to broker a second 'fairer' trial in Therengia, contacting the Baron through her channels in Zoluren. With Ralel's life on the line, Kerilidail was nothing short of skeptical and refused to cooperate with any trial organized by Lindryl alone, saying that this was a farce and that the Mayoress had built her career on manipulation.
From here, my knowledge is scarce and hazy. Kerilidail did fulfill her vow to murder Envoy Haragil and escaped with Ralel to live in hiding. It was rumored that the Elven Lord was at Prince Belirendrick III's masked ball. He later traversed the Great Barrier in search of the Necromancer Lyras.

Unfortunately, since a lot of the L'Karm stuff happened years back, the information is dwindling. And I guess the storyline is dead too, although I thought it was a great one and would like to see it (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) brought back.

Zadie's IM (4:39:17 PM): have you rerolled before?
Ysselt (4:39:24 PM): lol yes
Zadie's IM (4:39:56 PM): ok
Zadie's IM (4:39:56 PM): have you done it a lot?
CLEARLY MY REPUTATION IS NOT AS WELL KNOWN AS I THOUGHT.
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 05:38 PM CDT
Wow, thanks a ton. That really makes the memories flood back. I have a medallion that was given to those that testified at the trial. Maybe we can pool our information and get something together to keep the memory alive? I am at your disposal if you would like to help with that project.

Madigan

Arthur Ashe
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 05:41 PM CDT
Pulling a George here with a double post. But, I also have a message from Ralel to Morganae. One that is not posted on the website you referenced. If anyone is itnerested that is.

Madigan

Arthur Ashe
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 06:05 PM CDT
I am interested, I'd also see if there's a way to contact the web person (I think it's Eve) to put it up there.

We should also probably put information up on Elanthipedia.

Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 07:58 PM CDT
Yes, you should put what you have on Elanthipedia.

Heh. Lately, I'm feeling like I've been stepping all over your toes there, Ysselt -- and always finding out afterward. For example, I re-work the Morganae article only to find your information you posted, and I spent all this morning finding archives for everything on Bakshiloa, only to find that your profile says you already have been working on that.

You seem to be beating me to every step I'm taking.
Re: Elothean House of the Dark Star 03/10/2008 09:05 PM CDT
By all means, step on them. I get busy and forget I'm doing stuff. :)

Two more Elothean House buildings open 11/29/2008 @ 9:00 pm eastern 11/26/2008 04:53 PM CST
From the calendar:

Grand Opening of Elothean House Buildings 11/29/2008

General Info: The House of the Waxen Moons and the House of the Floating Reed are complete and both will be opening their doors! The constructor and designers welcome you to join them for the long-awaited opening. Both houses will be opening at 9 PM EST.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Elothean House entry points 12/29/2009 08:52 PM CST
So I wanted to post again about this. Personally, I like being able to explore the various houses that I'm not in, so no rush on fixing it...:P

But, that being said, I can now meander around the Grey Storm house from both tower entry points (no guards at all) and also, the deadfall on the Gilded Longleaf is no longer member only however the door into the building is, so everyone can access the grounds via the deadfall and go into the building anyhow via the kitchen. I haven't checked the other Houses yet but will in the next few days.

OOC I think just a handful of rooms that are member-restricted make sense with the rest open. While IC it should mostly be restricted, there are really only going to be a few dozen (at most) player-members of each House puttering around and it's a shame to have these areas that are great for mana, foraging, etc. just sit empty.

Kythryn