1 3 Next Next_page
Elothean Houses 08/15/2007 10:48 PM CDT
Er, am I a big doofus for not being able to figure out where to join? I've been directed to both Crystal Lane and the Great Tower, and there doesn't seem to be anything doing. This is in Plat, in case something has vanished. :)
Re: Elothean Houses 08/16/2007 08:41 PM CDT
Here goes my delicious double-post, just to let someone know that the Houses Consulate building has indeed vanished in Plat. Help! :)
Update on Elothean Houses? 01/08/2008 03:30 PM CST
Which ones are released now? I read a post from back in August, but I think there have been one or two released since then. (Although the ones I want to join probably haven't been released yet.)

~Player of several Elotheans

~We are what we think. With our thoughts, we make the world.
~Buddha~
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/08/2008 10:01 PM CST
Glittering Diadem - Partially Written
Silver Star - Released
Gilded Longleaf - Released
Steel Dove - Released
Grey Storm - Release Imminent
Ivory Scroll - Partially Written
Silk Strings - Partially Written
Gentle Lion - Partially Written
Floating Reed - Brainstorming
Rowan Branch - Brainstorming
Waxen Moons - Brainstorming

I've probably said this before, but these are taking much longer than anticipated, but slow and steady wins the race, right? :)

Everything that will be easily player joinable already is through the scroll in the Consulate building.

~GameMaster Nhia
Weddings Team Coordinator
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/10/2008 10:09 AM CST
I must like to make things hard for myself. Naturally, the ones I want to join (Gentle Lion, Rowan Branch, Waxen Moons, Ivory Scroll and Floating Reed) (did I mention I play more than one Elothean :))don't seem to be released yet.

Here's to RP!

~Arelin's player

~We are what we think. With our thoughts, we make the world.
~Buddha~
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/10/2008 10:33 AM CST
They are released the locations have not been rebult fully.

I am curious if there will be more events surrounding the houses in the near future. Specifically Waxen Moons is the one i'm most concerned about given the little information provided to date.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/10/2008 12:53 PM CST
Liarew has been out and about a bit - more than any other house leader lately - and will likely be making more outings again soonish (yeah, there's that word...). Both Nhia and I are aware that certain houses will need more of their leaders' active presence than others (though it's not like we want to ignore any!).

So as far as events go, you can at least expect to see the house leaders active. Bigger events - such as perhaps replacing some of the missing leaders (such as Rowan Branch, currently only with one leader instead of the triad, or Floating Reed, currently missing its female leader) will come in time, especially as the houses get their physical structures.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/12/2008 08:08 AM CST
I feel like a bad Elothean now. I've been avidly playing Ndin as my main for 5-7 years now, and I've never done a single piece of research on any of the houses. Does anyone have a website with some background info on all the houses (or as many as possible)?

-Master Ndin

Honestly, if there's any fear of smithing competition, it should be from nutzo warrior mages like Ndin who train every weapon and put in impressive hours in the forge. -Aveda
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 01/12/2008 09:35 PM CST
To the best of my knowledge (which, admittedly, is several years out of date) Elothean Studies is the best source for information on the Houses.

You can find the book in game, or google it to find a copy online.
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 05/13/2008 08:42 AM CDT
Silver Star - Released
Steel Dove - Released
Grey Storm - Release Imminent
Floating Reed - Brainstorming
Waxen Moons - Brainstorming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can't seem to find any of the actual buildings for the released ones. Anyone mind sharing where they are (I've walked all around Shard and found the consoluate, and a building that claims to be the Steel Dove, but I can't get in the Steel Dove one.)
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 05/13/2008 12:43 PM CDT
The one for Gilded Longleaf is outside the city to the northeast. It's very pretty. I raided the pantry.

If that's not enough to tell you where it is, try gwething for help.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 05/16/2008 10:34 AM CDT
Silver Star - Released
Steel Dove - Released
Grey Storm - Release Imminent (wow, I need to get off my duff and open this!)
Floating Reed - Written and thisclose to Quality Check
Waxen Moons - Written and thisclose to Quality Check

Other responsibilities have crowded work on the Houses out a bit, but we're making steady progress thanks to the help of other GMs. :)

~GameMaster Nhia
Weddings Team Coordinator
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 05/24/2008 04:28 AM CDT
Melyo'rensha?
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 05/24/2008 08:58 PM CDT
Not gonna see any kind of official obvious house built for the Melyo Rensh'a.

-V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 06/23/2008 11:29 PM CDT
<<Not gonna see any kind of official obvious house built for the Melyo Rensh'a.

But, can you get the secret magical scar that only other house members can see?

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas

Galren says, "Oh you know me Stolas"
>
Galren says, "I just love necros"
Re: Update on Elothean Houses? 06/24/2008 02:16 PM CDT
>But, can you get the secret magical scar that only other house members can see?

We already have something like that.

The Prydaen word for Woman is Yif.
That explains a lot.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Speaking of Houses 08/16/2008 03:32 PM CDT

You are XXXX XXXXXX of the House of the Waxen Moons, a Human Ranger.
You have crystal green eyes. You have cropped platinum hair, with tanned skin.
You have a thick bushy mustache that droops heavily on your upper lip and a scruffy growth of stubble.
You have a tattoo of an iridescent winged butterfly on your chest.

do any elothian historians know anything about the title I have, seems it involved the ferdahl and a dp occurrance
I've just returned to the realms

thanx
Re: Speaking of Houses 08/16/2008 03:40 PM CDT
That affiliation title is given to any member of the House of the Waxen Moons which is an Elothean house. Any Elothean can join a House, since the mechanics were put in place to do so.

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."
Re: Speaking of Houses 08/16/2008 03:59 PM CDT
ahh okies any idea where I could find out info on it?
Re: Speaking of Houses 08/16/2008 04:01 PM CDT
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/House_of_the_Waxen_Moons

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."
Elothean Houses 03/28/2009 12:43 PM CDT
Been spending some quality time exploring these, going to say it again, wow! Lots of work went into them and it's a pleasure to see everything!

Wanted to post a little bug though. I imagine that something just didn't get toggled in the Grey Storm towers after the release when everyone can explore. However, the bug is:
When you go into the west tower, and try to go up the stairs, you get the 'only house member' messaging. However, if you go in the east tower, you can go up the stairs just fine, go all the way to the top, take the sky bridge over and wreak havoc in the west tower un-checked.

Such nice work though, although the Gilded Longleaf one IS the best one, hands down...no bias there at all either. :P
Kythryn
Re: Elothean Houses 03/29/2009 02:44 PM CDT
I'll pass the info along about the east tower (and that ya like the houses!).

Thanks!

-V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Chaning Houses 11/27/2009 01:23 PM CST
Is it possible to change your house or are you bound to the house you originally selected?
Re: Chaning Houses 11/27/2009 01:36 PM CST
Why would you want to do such a thing?!

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Chaning Houses 11/27/2009 01:53 PM CST
I made the mistake of going with the one that sounded neat before I actually read any information on them unfortunately, mea culpa.
Re: Chaning Houses 11/27/2009 04:35 PM CST
If you don't like your home, there are several shops where you can change the exterior of it. That's what I did with most of mine. :)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Chaning Houses 11/27/2009 04:46 PM CST
Sorry, I was way too vague with my original post. I was meaning Elothean houses (Rowan Branch, Gilded Longleaf, etc.) Not an actual player home. I'm wanting to change out of the house I'm in now and choose another now that I'm more familiar with them but am unclear if that's possible.
Re: Changing Houses 11/27/2009 04:49 PM CST
Oops! Yeah, now THAT I'm not sure how to handle.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Changing Houses 12/05/2009 09:44 AM CST
Most of the houses in the ig books took this sort of thing rather badly

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."-William Shakespeare
Re: Changing Houses 12/05/2009 06:07 PM CST
There's currently no way to change your House, unfortunately. The reason for this is that most Elotheans are born into their house, and that you don't actually join the house. You just "register" what you already were. Sorry!

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Houses and non-Elotheans 06/09/2010 03:08 PM CDT

You see XYZ Person of the House of the Waxen Moons, a Human.

Are houses not just for Elotheans?

P.S. are all the houses out now? I though they were all done and in QC years ago.
Re: Houses and non-Elotheans 06/09/2010 03:31 PM CDT
Always found it weird that players have access to House of the Waxen Moons in the first place. According to lore, sometimes Humans and Elves become members. I tried with an Elf and it did not work.
Re: Houses and non-Elotheans 06/09/2010 04:36 PM CDT
According to Lore one of the houses took a S'kra Mur if I recall correctly, but really that's only one house that had that tradition.
Re: Houses and non-Elotheans 06/10/2010 02:50 AM CDT
>P.S. are all the houses out now? I though they were all done and in QC years ago.

A number of them are out, but we still don't have Ivory Scroll, Silk Strings and Gentle Lion. And Glittering Diadem, but I didn't imagine they would make one for that House since you can't join it as a player.

Kythryn
Re: Houses and non-Elotheans 06/14/2010 08:07 PM CDT

Sounds likely that's a bug.

From what I recall from the Elothean gurus, only Elotheans will be joining Elothean Houses.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Houses and non-Elotheans 06/21/2010 07:14 PM CDT
Is there a Home yet for the House of the Gentle Lion?

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z
1 3 Next Next_page