Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 03:10 PM CST
Get your beard in gear, because Raven's Point is hosting a faire in their town green to celebrate Dwarven culture with vendors, food, and games. Not sure if you can measure up to the fun in store? Whether you are a Dwarf, a fan, or a hater, there's something for everyone, so no one should come up too short at this festival.

Dates
Friday February 26th until Monday February 29th
* Opening and closing times will be in the evening eastern hours.

* A portal from Crossing, Town Green South will be available for everyone's (including F2P) use. F2P are cautioned that if they remain in Raven's Point after the portal closes, they will have to figure out how to get back to Zoluren on their own, just like anyone else.

Planned Shops
* Dwarven Deals (New)
* The Heavy Hammer (New)
* Beard Envy (New)
* FancyBeards
* Burning Embers (Refreshed)
* Porly's Emporlyum
* Ties For Things (Refreshed)
* A new section of Turialo's (New - Possibly late opening)
* Graimairo's Wares (Refreshed)

Planned Games
* Raven-catching Game with prizes.
* Arm-wrestling
* Strength Game
* Whack-A-Mole with Dwarf-themed prizes.

Planned Food
Near the portal, a surface with foods and beverages will be set up for all to enjoy.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 04:16 PM CST
Any chance these faires can go for a weekday or two? Will it be open Monday and Friday?

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 04:16 PM CST

Will it be a premium spot for quality thievery or could a purse be brought and emptied safely?

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 05:31 PM CST
Obviously I'm not a GM. But normally events like this are no-steal zones. People spend a lot of time browsing and socializing, and they're made 'safe' to encourage that.
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 06:00 PM CST
Along with the Dwarven Culture Faire, the mentor society is proud to show its support with the following event:

Mentor Society sponsors a Dwarven Hrika (meet)!
Sat, February 27, 10pm – 11pm
Where: Smoky Bandit's, Lounge, Raven's Point, Forfedhdar
Description: Dwarves! Come to a Hrika (meet) in the Lounge, at Smoky Bandit's, located in Raven's Point right at the Gear Gate. Socialize with your kin and share your stories! In addition there will be a grunt-off - attendees present their most Dwarven [obviously] grunt! And finally, a beard display for all self-respecting Dwarves to show off their pride!

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 06:22 PM CST
I meant to add, I'm really excited to see the results of the user submissions you took a while back.

I never added anything, but did read the list, and there were some spiffy entries.
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/23/2016 09:50 PM CST
>>Any chance these faires can go for a weekday or two? Will it be open Monday and Friday?
The opening time is contingent on when I can log in Friday after work, so anywhere from 5pm-7pm EST. It will be open all day Monday and I'll likely shut it down early Tuesday morning.

If it's more beneficial for these events to last a week, I'll certainly consider doing so in the future based on feedback.

>> Thievery and safety at festivals.
Permanent faire grounds such as Hollow Eve and Guildfest are set up to prevent this thievery and murder. Historically, the racial culture faires have not had this setup outside actual shops, and instead allow you free reign to play and RP. So long as it does not become a disruption-level problem, it'll remain that way, thus far, it hasn't been an issue. Please don't make it one.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/24/2016 06:14 AM CST
>If it's more beneficial for these events to last a week, I'll certainly consider doing so in the future based on feedback.

For me, it is beneficial for it to go a week. Sometimes weekends involve a lot of work, which takes me away from computers, or family time (same) or...so on.
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/26/2016 02:31 AM CST
Thank you for putting this event together! Beards and tattoos are awesome. :)
Re: Dwarven Culture Faire 02/29/2016 05:17 PM CST
A week would work nicely, I know I am sad I missed it!